WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ready to get some real world experience with architectural and interior design? CapMetro has the internship for you!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Note: The duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- Complete programming and space planning tasks.
- Support strategic initiatives including but not limited to development of presentation materials, research, drawing support, etc.
- Coordinate and help facilitate furniture procurement/relocations, office moves, and workspace set-ups.
- Complete site tours to support property and facility conditional assessments, information gathering, and asset documentation.
- Assist with supporting project management in successfully completing projects involving office space renovations, asset renewals/replacements, etc.
- Complete Autodesk Revit as-built, record drawings for physical spaces including walls, doors, partitions, and floors to support future wayfinding and space utilization app.
- Help develop foundation, structure, and strategies associated with computer aided drafting (CAD), CAD file management, Construction Operations Building information exchange (COBie), Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM), Integrated Workplace Management Standards (IWMS), and project close-out documentation.
- Support Capital Metro’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university with a major in Architecture or Interior Design.
- Experience with Autodesk Revit.
- Experience with SketchUp and Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with commercial design, construction management, and/or project management preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of community and land use planning and transportation/transit planning.
- Self-motivated and focused on opportunities to continuously improve skills and processes.
- Ability to work in and to be a positive and constructive contributor in a team-based environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasks well.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, Autodesk Revit, Adobe Illustrator, and SketchUp.
- Excellent written, oral, analytical, and communication skills, with the ability to prepare persuasive and clear presentations.
- Must have adept people skills and professional courteous behavior.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
- Utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
- If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
PAY RATE – 16.00 – 20.00 – HOURLY