WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Accounts Payable Specialist II, reports directly to the Manager, Payroll / Accounts Payable. This position is responsible for the analysis of weekly accounts payable data for variances, exceptions and trends that would assist management with information necessary to support the success of the organization. Assist in development of inclusive test cases and documentation to be used as tools for testing new software upgrades for Capital Metro functionality.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Note: The duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- Work with functional team members to assist in all aspects of support as required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve user issues for AX Accounts Payable.
- Assist in conducting system and unit testing to ensure enhancements, patches and fixes work to specifications.
- Design custom report specifications based on management requests.
- Run ad-hoc reports to assist the finance department.
- Process electronic payments for A/P.
- Run payment processes for weekly/monthly Accounts Payable check runs.
- Provide user training on requisitioning.
- Research and work with departments and vendors to resolve disputed invoices.
- Monitor aging report and track statistics for Accounts Payable.
- Process and review all weekly payment and quick checks as required.
- Assist in the input of data into AX Accounts Payable.
- Review on hold invoices to ensure accurate accrual and accounting of outstanding invoices.
- Perform Accounting corrections as requested from Accounting Manager/Project Manager.
- Respond to open records requests for accounts payable related requests.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Five (5) years experience in Purchasing and/or Accounts Payable
- Preferred experience with Oracle Financials
- Experience in developing report specifications from end user requirements is preferred.
- Experience with Dynamics AX preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze data and recommend solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to troubleshoot and think outside the box
- Good customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team player in a challenging environment
- Knowledge of general accounting methods.
This position is designated as a “mobile” position. Employees in mobile positions are expected to work in the office as needed. Employees in mobile positions must be in the office for socialization, strategic collaboration, and supervision, as needed. Employees will have access to touchdown/collaboration spaces when on-site. CapMetro is in the early stages of mobility planning and the mobility status of this position could be subject to change.