Austin, TX, United States
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Application Administrator I report directly to the Manager of Technology Systems working within the Transit Systems team and focuses primarily on the support of technology systems, made up of hardware, software, and equipment. This position is responsible for the installation, support, and monitoring of technology systems for Capital Metro. Provides technical support to analyze, design, test, document, implement and manage systems. Ensures reliability, stability, state-of-good-repair preventive maintenance and maximum up-time of technology systems.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Note: The duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- Be customer-service focused. Build positive and constructive relationships with business areas, customers, understand their needs, problems and provide timely communication and service.
- Support of account management, upgrades, software patches, system configuration and administration, troubleshooting, testing, and daily monitoring.
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours IT support.
- Partner with business to undertake full IT ownership of the systems and projects assigned and become proficient in the technical and functional aspects of the system.
- Provide technical support on projects. Successfully support tasks or projects as assigned. Provide support working with technology vendors and implementation partners to implement technical solutions.
- Provide periodic reports to management.
- Develop and ensure updates to technical and/or user documentation. Train users on systems and processes. Provide support in efforts to encourage system use and adoption with the business areas. Act as an advocate and advisor for the application of technology solutions to the agency.
- Provide support in proactively setting up and managing systems in excellent working condition through implementation and monitoring of alerts, regular maintenance activities, performance tuning, software updates and patches. Provide support in working with internal IT teams and technology vendors to ensure all systems are available and secure on a 24 by 7 basis.
- Support efforts in system security by ensuring compliance to security standards and policies, monitoring access privileges, conducting risk assessments, investigations of suspicious activities, and remediation of identified security threats or risks.
- Document test cases and perform comprehensive testing during implementation and upgrades.
- Provide support in the planning and undertaking of periodic risk analysis of systems and mitigate risks wherever possible. Provide support in the planning and testing of disaster recovery. Provide support to implement, monitor and verify backups. Provide support in resolving issues.
- Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned in support of Capital Metro Strategic Goals and the IT Vision, Mission, and Objectives aligned to these goals.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Additional related experience may substitute for degree on a year for year basis up to four years.
- Three (3) years of experience in Information Technology or related field desired.
- Three (3) years of experience in supporting technology systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting, analyzing logs, utilizing debugging tools, obtaining technical assistance from software and/or database vendors or via advanced search on the web and timely resolution of technical problems for technology systems.
- Experience with direct end user support in a customer service role. Demonstrated dedication to customer service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organization abilities, analytical skills and communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Be self-motivated and seek opportunities for continuous process improvement. Be a catalyst and a willing participant of organizational changes.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a matrix organization, partnering well with employees, management, users, vendors, contractors and undertake duties and tasks as assigned without close supervision.
- Ability to be a positive and constructive contributor in a team based environment.
- Knowledge of Information Systems Implementation Lifecycle desired.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and diverse groups of people and activities simultaneously.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and diverse groups of people and activities simultaneously
- Experience with transportation related systems preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
Cap Metro is Austin’s regional public transportation provider. We’ve been around since 1985 and work every day to give residents, commuters, and visitors the best possible transit options available to match their busy everyday lives.
We’re always on the move, connecting people with jobs, schools, restaurants, shops, festivals, and other great places to hang out. In fact, we have more than 31 million boardings each year.
ABOUT THE TEAM
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
- Utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
- If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.