Pace Suburban Bus, Chicago, IL. GovHR USA is pleased to announce the recruitment and selection process for a Billing Manager, Paratransit (*). This newly created, key leadership position will be responsible for managing contractor payments, sponsor invoicing, department budget development and analysis and overseeing the development of policies and procedures for these processes.
(*) Paratransit is a demand response transportation service. Pace provides paratransit public transportation service to eligible passengers, including individuals who, because of their disabilities, are unable to ride the ADA compliant fixed route bus for some or all their travel.
Office location for this position is 547 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL. The position reports to Division Manager, Paratransit Services, or designee.
Pace Suburban Bus is the premier suburban transit provider, safely and efficiently moving people to work, school, and other regional destinations. Pace’s family of public transportation services offer affordable and environmentally responsible transit options for residents of 284 municipalities in Cook, Will, DuPage, Kane, Lake, and McHenry counties. In addition, Pace also provides the City of Chicago ADA Paratransit service within the CTA service area.
The backbone of Chicago’s suburbs, Pace services tens of thousands of daily riders. One of the largest bus services in North America, Pace covers 3,677 square miles in an area nearly the size of the state of Connecticut and about 15 times the size of the City of Chicago. Pace’s innovative approach to public transportation gives the Agency a national reputation as an industry leader.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the accurate and timely processing of Paratransit carrier payments and local share invoices, adhering to department deadlines to assure payment in accordance with contracted payment requirements and local sponsor scheduled submissions,
• Manages the reconciliation of trip data for multiple programs, sponsor accounts, and transit fares,
• Full life cycle oversight of contract purchase orders and local service agreements:
o Monitor balances and local share budgets,
o Prepare change orders to maintain adequate carrier PO balance based on payment patterns,
o assist Contract Managers with Pace budgeted subsidy balances for approximately 27 local programs,
o provide detailed monthly, quarterly, and annual department budget status reports,
o assist with the development of annual Paratransit Department budget,
o provide ad hoc project status reports and assist with development of contract pricing,
• Prepares and presents expense and revenue analysis and budgets for local program(s) to local municipal partners, contractors, public officials, public and private service agencies, and other Pace departments,
• Provides support for:
o administering all Paratransit programs and projects including but not limited to: Taxi Access Program, ADA paratransit services, local Dial-A-Ride programs, and local coordinated paratransit projects, and
o day-to-day operations of transportation service in a dynamic work environment.
• Performs other duties as required.
• This is a safety-sensitive position.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field.
• A minimum five years’ experience managing accounting or a related department.
• Experience with US DOT/FTA ADA Paratransit transportation funding compliance is preferred.
• Testing will be administered to candidates chosen to move forward in the process and will include Microsoft suite (Word and Excel) assessments and a Math Aptitude Test.
• Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite business software including working knowledge and experience with Excel macros and pivot tables is required.
• Experience with proprietary software such as Trapeze scheduling and routing software, Oracle and Apex accounting software, and Adobe Docs is preferred.
• Local travel to Pace project sites within the six-county regional transit authority (RTA) and Pace headquarters for meetings and presentations is required. Some travel outside of the RTA region is required for training and conferences.
Must have excellent:
§ business acumen to work closely with the division head and mentor to organize and document the workflow, process, and procedures of this new position,
§ written and oral communication skills,
§ public speaking skills,
§ customer service and interpersonal skills,
§ professional business demeaner to provide sound direction and follow up to ensure timely and efficient processes,
§ detail orientation and multitasking skills and be able to adapt and respond quickly to meet deadlines, and math, critical thinking, and analytical skills are required.
§ Demonstrated ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
§ Work independently and efficiently.
§ Advanced analytical skills
§ Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written, verbal and presentation)
§ Problem solver with detail orientation
More information including application instructions
– Pace has a hybrid work environment after completion of the 6-month probationary period.
– In addition to generous health, dental and vision benefit programs, Pace also extends participation in the following plans:
o Retirement Benefits –Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Pension Plan or opting out and receiving a 7% employer contribution to RTA 401(k) Plan.
o Retirement Savings Plans – Voluntary deferrals are allowed on a pre-tax basis and/or Roth basis to the 401(k) or 457(b) plans
o Tuition reimbursement
– If work / life balance is important to you, Pace offers this cutting-edge package:
o Vacation – 2 weeks (Accrual during the first year)
o Paid Time Off (Leave) – 15 days annually with ability to convert unused hours to sick or 401(k) contribution
o Paid Holidays – 6 days
o Floating Holidays – 5 days
– Pace is setting the employer standard for offering a full-service health and wellness programs that include:
o Flexible Spending Health and Dependent Care (Pace contributes 30% up to a maximum amount of $1,500 for dependent care)
o Employee Life and Supplemental Life Insurance for the entire family
o Health Club Reimbursement (up to $40 per month)
o On-site Wellness Program
§ Protection Plus Identity Theft Program and
§ Pet Insurance
– Anticipated hiring range for this position is up to $90,000 +/- DOQ.
Please submit résumé, cover letter, and contact information for five professional or supervisory references. Apply online at www.GovHRjobs.com. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received, and the position open until filled.
Questions regarding the recruitment may be directed to:
Joan Walko, Senior Vice President
GovHR USA, LLC,
Pace Bus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.