Use your excellent Customer Service skills and become a METRO Bus Driver. We will train you to drive the Bus!
METRO is committed to the safety, health and well-being of our employees and customers.
We have implemented the highest level of safety protocols and steps to ensure our employees and the community are safe and healthy.
Salary schedule as follows:
Starting wage: $19.97 per hour. After completing probation, $23.75 per hour. 5% yearly raise for 6 years.
Santa Cruz Metro is offering a Hiring bonus up to $4,000
$500 after training
$1,500 after probation
$2,000 one year after probation (approx. 2080 hours worked)
Characteristics and Example of Duties
Under supervision, transports passengers and operates transit buses on a fixed schedule in all phases of transit operations.
- Operates transit buses and related equipment including passenger lifts.
- Transports passengers.
- Collects fare and operate ticket and pass validation equipment.
- Performs ridership surveys.
- Reports bench, sign and shelter problems.
- Operates mobile radio unit.
- Coordinates passenger transfers and reports operations delays.
- Prepares accident and incident reports and maintains simple records.
- Make recommendations for safety and route improvements.
- Complies with Santa Cruz METRO’s safe driving program.
- May perform office, dispatch and revenue collection duties and may utilize Santa Cruz METRO’s computer hardware and software when assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Safe driving practices.
- Basic skills in time calculation and map reading.
Minimum Qualifications and Other Conditions of Employment
- Safely operate all METRO buses.
- Perform simple math calculations.
- Deal courteously and effectively with the public.
- Understand the problems of the elderly and handicapped and deal with them in a tactful manner.
- Handle difficult and emergency situations calmly.
- Read English and speak and write English clearly.
- Operate mobile radio unit.
- Willingness and ability to work unusual hours including nights, weekends, and
- Possession of a current motor vehicle license and the ability to obtain a California Class B driver’s permit prior to appointment.
- Driving record at date of hire must be consistent with Santa Cruz METRO’s standards for this position.
- Good attendance record in previous employment.
- Safe driving record.
- Must pass requisite background check.
For more information please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scmtd?