Love Driving? Have a good driving record and great customer service skills?
Santa Cruz METRO is currently recruiting for Bus Drivers (Bus Operators)
Join our team! Santa Cruz Metro will pay for your training and provide assistance in obtaining Class B license
Santa Cruz Metro is offering a Hiring bonus up to $4,000
· $500 after training
· $1,500 after probation
· $2,000 one year after probation (approx. 2080 hours worked)
Santa Cruz METRO provides excellent benefits for employees and eligible dependents including medical, dental, vision and CalPERS (retirement pension).
In this role a bus driver operates transit buses and related equipment including passenger lifts, transports passengers, collects fare, operates ticket and pass validation equipment, performs ridership surveys, operates mobile radio unit, coordinates passenger transfers, reports operations delays, prepares accident and incident reports, and compiles with Santa Cruz Metro’s safe driving program.
· Ability to safely operate METRO buses, perform simple math calculations, basic skills in time calculation and map reading, ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public;
· Understand the special needs of elderly customers and those with disabilities, and interact with them in a tactful manner;
· Handle difficult and emergency situations calmly;
· Read, speak and write English clearly;
· Possession of a safe driving record, a current motor vehicle license and ability to obtain a California Class B driver’s permit prior to appointment;
· All new Santa Cruz METRO employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Salaries are on a six-step salary range schedule with 5% increases yearly.
For a complete job description and more information on the Santa Cruz METRO, please click the link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scmtd
Apply before October 24th
Questions? Call 831-420-2542