Culver City is a Charter City incorporated in 1917, and is a destination filled with outdoor cafes unique shops and galleries opening onto pedestrian-friendly boulevards. Culver City has a dedicated staff of approximately 700+ employees with an overall operating budget of over $235 million. The city provides a full range of municipal services including Fire, Police, Community Development, Public Works, Parks, Recreation and Community Services, and Transportation.
BUS OPERATOR GENERAL DUTIES
• Under supervision, operates a bus on assigned schedules and routes; picking up and discharging passengers at designated bus stops.
• Collects and accounts for fares and issues transfers; provides schedule information, assists passengers and maintains a safe, orderly environment on the bus.
• Keeps daily operations records and reports when repairs or adjustments are needed to the bus.
• Ensures that proper procedures are followed in the event of an accident including, but not limited to, determining whether medical assistance is needed, securing names of witnesses, and accurately completing proper reports.
• Trainee: ALL selected candidates will be required to attend training for approximately 6 to 8 weeks. During training, candidates will earn $19.10 per hour. This is a part-time, non-benefited position.
• Regular Part-Time: Employees who successfully complete training will be appointed to benefited Regular Part-Time (RPT) positions. The pay range for RPT is $19.97 to $22.06 per hour. Health care and other benefits are provided. Employees in RPT positions must be available for part-time, at-will work and will be scheduled to work any time between the hours of 4:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m., seven (7) days a week, including holidays, working up to 39 hours per week.
• Full-Time: Full-Time positions will only be made available to eligible RPT employees, as vacancies occur. The pay range for full-time is $22.06 to $29.72 per hour. Minimum Requirements
• High school graduation or equivalent.
• Three (3) years prior to closing date and up to the date of appointment (hire) to the position:
• NO employment terminations for cause.
• NO more than one (1) moving violation.
• NO traffic accidents reported on the DMV (K-4) printout. If a traffic accident reported on your DMV K-4 printout was not your fault, you must attach acceptable proof to your application to be given further consideration.
• NO arrests for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs that result in a criminal conviction.
• NO administrative suspension or revocation of driver’s license for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. NOTE: Applicants may be disqualified for any of the following reasons: A conviction record, and/or negative employment references. A conviction shall include a plea, verdict, or finding of guilt regardless of whether sentence is imposed by the court.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATES
• A valid California Class “C” driver’s license is required at time of application.
• A valid California Class “B” driver’s license with passenger endorsement and medical certificate card will be required during training. A Railroad Approved Watch (approval must be noted on the watch face) will be required at the successful completion of the training.
How To Apply
To apply, please complete an online application by 5:00 p.m. Friday, June 25, 2021. You must attach a copy of your ORIGINAL CALIFORNIA DMV K-4 driving record (no older than 30 days) at the time the application is submitted to receive consideration. We will NOT accept an online version of your K4 driving record (which includes a driving record from a DMV Kiosk or from any online source).
• ONLY AN ORIGINAL K4 DRIVING RECORD THAT HAS BEEN PRINTED AND ISSUED BY A DMV EMPLOYEE WITH THE OFFICIAL CA DMV WATERSEAL WILL BE ACCEPTED** If you are unable to attach your original California K4 driving record to your application, please email it directly to email@example.com or fax to 310-253-5646. As a third option, you may also mail the original California K4 driving record to Human Resources. Please address the envelope to Stephanie Condran, Human Resources Office, 9770 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA, 90232.
• ***FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT THIS POSITION, PLEASE CALL OUR INFORMATION HOTLINE PHONE NUMBER AT 310-253-5651.
**** Please direct all inquiry’s to Stephanie Condran at (310) 253-5654 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• APPLICATION REVIEW:
After the job posting closes an initial review of the applications will take place. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be invited to participate in the testing process (Video Test). Note: The City of Culver City requires you to describe IN DETAIL all of your work experience for the last 10 years. Stating “See Resume” is not an acceptable response in the Work Experience Section. In addition to including qualifying experience, you must list ALL JOBS, including periods of unemployment and self-employment regardless of duration. When providing work history, start with your most recent job.
• VIDEO TEST:
The Video Test is a simulation exercise measuring reading comprehension, written communication skills, judgment, decision making and public relations skill. This exam is weighted at 100% and is tentatively scheduled for the week of July 12, 2021. Those who pass the Video Test will be placed on an eligible list.
• Please note the video test will be conducted online. You will have the option to take the online examination remotely from your own location OR you may take the online exam at a testing center.*
• SELECTION PROCESS:
The selection process will include the following to determine suitability for the position:
• Selection Interview with the Transportation Department
• Background and Reference check, including Live Scan fingerprinting
• Medical Examination; candidates must pass a pre-employment medical examination, which will include a drug screen. A positive pre-placement drug test, refusal or failure to test may result in rejection of the candidate.
NOTE: Positions in this job classification are considered safety sensitive under Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol regulations and are, therefore, subject to specific employment reference verifications prior to employment and random drug and alcohol screenings during the course of employment.
• Please note:
There is a six (6) month waiting period to re-test; therefore, applicants who have participated in the examination process within the preceding six (6) months will be deferred and will need to re-apply after the six (6) month waiting period
The provisions of this job posting does not constitute a contract, express or implied, and any provisions in this posting may be modified or revoked without notice. Continuation in the examination process and subsequent placement on the eligible list of a person convicted of a crime depends upon the nature of the conviction and the conduct of the applicant subsequent to the offense. Convictions will be evaluated on a job related basis and will not automatically disqualify someone from further consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
• The City of Culver City is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, religion, political affiliation, or sexual orientation/identification.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Background/ Reference Check: Upon a conditional job offer, a live scan finger printing must be completed with acceptable results. Your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI). Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be contacted to schedule a fingerprinting appointment. Upon hire, employee is subject to further reporting from DOJ via subsequent arrest notification.
• Pre-placement medical evaluation including drug screen (select positions).
• E-Verify: Proof of U.S. citizenship, alien residency or authorization to work in the U.S. will be required at time of appointment