moovel is hiring several sales and business development leaders to help shape the future of mobility. We are looking for exceptional people who share a passion for developing creative solutions that advance our mission and vision. As a key member of moovel’s sales leadership team, you will be responsible for sales efforts in a competitive market, executing business development and sales initiatives to achieve company growth goals and leading account management engagement with our clients. A key responsibility is managing the proposal process, including writing the response to convey our message in a manner that produces the winning bid submission. The successful candidates will demonstrate a deep understanding of the transportation sector and have a proven ability to execute measurable sales plans and go-to-market strategies to drive revenue.
moovel is an industry leader in the mobile ticketing and mobility-as-a-service market, and as a subsidiary of Strategic Mapping, a leader in the computer-aided dispatch and automatic vehicle location (CAD/AVL) market, our combined solution provides a unique product to the transportation market. We offer best-in-breed solutions and combined with our open architecture and third-party partnerships, we are expanding our staff as we grow our business.
We are looking to hire several individuals with territory management in the Western, Central, and Eastern North American regions. These are individual contributor roles that have the potential to grow into team management positions. These key roles will report to the Vice President of Global Sales.
What You Will Be Doing:
● Drive day-to-day operations related to business development activities
● Foster relationships with key stakeholders at transit agencies, moovel business partners, and advertisers
● Support the procurement process end-to-end including RFP proposal preparation, statements of work and specifications, estimation of product/service costs, developing the price-to-win, conveying our win themes and capabilities, and negotiation and administration of contracts
● Lead channel sales programs to drive conversion of client prospects to market and sell new and existing products to new and existing customers
● Maintain relationship with existing customers and obtain follow-on business from these existing relationships
● Lead reporting processes and present to leadership team
● Supervise maintenance of Customer Relationship Management tool (Salesforce)
● Manage and advocate for critical roadmap requirements with internal teams including but not limited to product management and engineering
● Employ exceptional relationship management at the most senior levels; diplomatic, consultative and persuasive
● Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the transportation and political environment in the client’s service area; identify factors driving decision making and policy decisions and act as an advisor to existing and potential customers
● Attend and/or present moovel platform solutions at industry conferences
Required Qualifications and Skills:
● 5-7 years of experience working with state and local government in areas such as sales, business development, proposal management and/or solution architecture
● Understanding of governmental proposal processes and ability to manage positioning for selection from pre-award activities through proposal development, submission, demonstration, pricing, and winning of the contract
● Experienced successful individual contributor, who has the ability to work independently and in a team environment
● Knowledge and experience in transportation sector, and specifically in the fare collection, mobile ticketing, real-time passenger information, and/or CAD/AVL markets
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Operations, Engineering or related field
● Excellent client management and diplomacy skills are required to manage public and private environments
● Ability to work with cross functional teams (product management and engineering) to represent and negotiate agency needs
● Proven ability to influence key decision makers
● Demonstrated track record of success
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability and desire to learn new technologies
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
● Understanding of the Shipley proposal process
● Ability to use and manage in a Salesforce CRM environment
● Understanding of the Evolve Way of Working (WoW) process
● Graduate degree/MBA Required Attributes:
● Strong interpersonal communication skills
● Ability to work independently, collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
● Willingness to dive deep into the transit space and the curiosity to learn
● Positive attitude
Who We Are:
moovel North America
Headquartered in Portland, OR, moovel offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 3% retirement contribution, and competitive base salaries.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Strategic Mapping Inc.
Strategic Mapping is a privately owned company and a complete end–to–end provider of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Strategic Mapping offers hardware design, software application and system integration services to many of North America’s leading transit agencies.
Strategic Mapping was founded in 2006, with locations in both the United States and Canada. With 14 years of expertise in the transit space, they are dedicated to providing innovative, scalable, user friendly and cost effective technologies for agencies of all sizes. Their advanced Smart Bus applications are designed to streamline day-to-day operations by providing transit agencies with tools to better manage their fleet while simultaneously enhancing trip planning, accessibility and the passenger experience.