Trinity Metro has an immediate opening for Chief Engineer. The incumbent will manage the execution of transit related capital projects (bus and rail) including management of Trinity Metro’s technical consultants and construction contractors. Under the supervision of the Vice President of Planning & Development, this position is responsible for analyzing the engineering, financial and performance data regarding transportation capital projects in order to strategically develop and implement programs, align resources to ensure objectives are accomplished.
This position’s responsibilities include:
- Develop engineering designed and cost estimates particularly for smaller projects and upgrade projects. Manages smaller capital projects on behalf of the agency and/or member agencies.
- Oversees all aspects of project implementation as assigned, including development of design and construction, and ensuring compatibility and consistency within the overall program.
- Provides technical analysis and review in support of projects associated with Trinity Metro’s project development, including planning, design and construction.
- Provides technical expertise and oversight of rail standards and issues for Trinity Metro and interacts with design consultants, contractors, and the development community near and adjacent to Trinity Metro’s transit system.
- Assists in the development of Trinity Metro’s capital projects, including direct management of staff and consultants involved in design, construction management, and administrative management in order to achieve Trinity Metro’s goals for public transportation in bus and rail.
- Participates in technical evaluations, negotiations and selection of construction, architectural, engineering and other related consultants.
- Coordinates and procures engineering support required during construction.
- Acts as a resource to and a liaison between Project Management, other Trinity Metro departments and TRE (Trinity Railway Express) management, as well as with local authority permitting entities.
- Contributes to a variety of reports for executive management and the Trinity Metro Board of Directors.
- Promotes established safety, training and quality assurance programs.
- Remains current on new industry trends, methods, and technology.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve operations, decrease inefficiencies and streamline work processes; work cooperatively with all customers, internal and external.
- Participates in company community activities to promote transit on off duty hours.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Directly supervises one or more employees.
- Applies supervisory responsibilities according to organizational policies and applicable laws.
- Interviews, hires and trains employees; plans, and directs work; sets goals for the department; evaluates and manages employee performance; addresses complaints and resolves employee issuesEDUCATIONBachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management from an accredited four-year college or university.Current Professional Engineer licensed in Texas.
Five (5) years of construction related experience with an emphasis on general, rather than specialized disciplines.
Any combination of experience, training and/or education that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may substitute for the required education.
Apply online at: www.ridetrinitymetro.org/careers