The CFO will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the Transit District, guiding its financial strategy, planning, and maintaining its fiscal stability. The CFO will collaborate with the executive management team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies.
- Financial Management: Manage the Transit District’s financial operations, including budgeting, forecasting, and auditing. Ensure that the financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet the organization’s short and long-term business objectives and are conducted in accordance with regulations, accounting principles, and standards.
2. Strategic Planning: Develop and implement the financial strategy of the Transit District. This includes long-term financial planning and forecasting, risk management, and investment strategies. a deep understanding of business, strategic thinking, and leadership capabilities.
3. Financial Reporting: Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements. Ensure the timely reporting of key financial data and updates to the General Manager, Board of Directors, and other key stakeholders.
4. Leadership: Direct the Finance and Accounting team and ensure their ongoing professional development and training. Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
5. Compliance: Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions. This includes compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and tax planning and filings
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field (MBA preferred).
2. Certified Public Accountant designation preferred with advanced knowledge of governmental accounting procedures.
3. Experience in the Mass Transit industry preferred
4. The CFO is a key member of the executive team and needs to work well with other leaders, employees, and stakeholders.
5. Strong leadership and organizational skills.
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Extensive experience in senior financial managerial roles, with a proven track record of success.
8. Excellent knowledge of data analysis, risk management, and forecasting methods.
9. Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity.
10. Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software.
11. Ability to design and maintain financial spreadsheets and cost allocation models.
12. Ensure accurate records are maintained including records of fixed assets; inventory equipment at least once every two years.
13. Meet with elected officials and community leaders, as directed by General Manager.
14. Continue professional development by participating in job-related seminars, workshops, conferences, and required training to maintain CPA license and other accreditation.
15. Eight years or more of related experience required.
16. Must have a valid drivers’ license.
17. Ability to drive a vehicle and maintain a clear driving record.