Works under the supervision of the General Manager and is reviewed for compliance with established procedures while working and through review after task completion. This position performs the duties of the General Manager in his/her absence. Position directly supervises the administrative staff, with additional decision making authority for all organizational activities as may be needed or directed by the General Manager.
Primary areas of Responsibility include: Internal policy review, updates and enforcement; supervising the recruitment, interviewing and orientation and training of new personnel; supervising preparation of payroll and financial system revenue posting; management of payroll related areas such as health insurance, Worker’s Compensation, pensions, etc.; Insuring compliance with grant requirements such as training, CDL, safety, security, ADA and other requirements; Insuring training of new personnel in the areas of Drug & Alcohol , Personnel Policies, PASS, Safety, First Aid and CPR; Supervises and oversees route and service deviation request and denial procedures; Oversees and manages Medicaid billing and compliance requirements; Responsible for NTD administrative reporting and submissions, MIS and other reports as needed; Serves as the Authority’s EEO Officer and assists with Title VI preparation; and serves as a First Responder to community emergency situations requiring mobilization of Authority personnel and equipment.
- Directly supervises the administrative staff including HR Officer, IT Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Mobility Coordinator, Operations Officer and Receptionists with additional decision making authority for all organizational activities as may be needed or directed by the General Manager;
2. Internal policy review, updates and enforcement;
3. Oversight and management of agency Federal Transit Administration Triennial Review RIR and management of submitted files;
4. Responsible for NTD administrative reporting and submissions;
5. Serves as the Authority’s EEO Officer and management of Title VI program;
6. Oversight of payroll preparation;
7. Financial system revenue posting;
8. Performs general accounting and record keeping functions for a variety of procedures and operations and preparing correspondence, reports, and a variety of other compositions as may be requested or directed by the General Manager;
9. Oversight of payroll related areas such as health insurance, Worker’s Compensation, pensions, etc.;
10. Oversight of recruitment, interviewing and orientation and training of new personnel;
11. Oversight and submission of 5311f, 5310 and State Opioid Recovery billing;
12. Insuring compliance with grant requirements such as training, CDL, safety and other requirements;
13. Insuring training of new personnel in the areas of Drug & Alcohol , Personnel policies, PASS, Safety, Security, ADA, First Aid and CPR;
14. Oversees and manages Medicaid billing and compliance requirements;
15. Serves as a First Responder to community emergency situations requiring mobilization of Authority personnel and equipment;
16. Comprehensive management and primary responsibility for compliance oversight of the system’s mandatory drug and alcohol testing program, including compliance assurance, MIS reporting and documentation requirements;
17. Daily administration of health and liability insurance programs including disputed claims resolution;
18. Providing security and daily oversight of office facilities and general operational needs;
19. Providing representation for Mountain Line on local boards and committees outside of the organization;
20. Promoting an image of professional, courteous service as a representative of the Monongalia County Urban Mass Transportation Authority; and
21. Performing related work and duties as needed or assigned by the General Manager.
1. Requires a college degree or equivalent education and experience in order to perform daily activities;
2. Requires previous experience serving in a self-directed and responsible administrative position or similar experience;
3. Requires previous supervisory experience;
4. Requires good grammatical and writing skills;
5. Requires the ability to perform complex report writing and accounting duties as demonstrated by education skills and previous experience;
6. Requires the demonstrated ability to work independently to achieve desired goals and objectives;
7. Requires experience using a variety of software applications in an office environment, and
8. Requires the demonstrated ability to respond to the public and handle dissatisfied employees, customers and patrons, both in person and on the telephone.
1. A college degree with additional training and emphasis in public administration, accounting, marketing, sales and recreation or hospitality industry experience.
2. Two (2) or more years working in a supervisory position;
3. Previous experience in the public sector;
4. Previous experience in the transportation industry;
5. Advanced writing skills;
6. Possession of a CDL license with a passenger endorsement;
7. Extensive experience using a variety of software applications in an office environment.
8. Previous experience in dealing with the public as a public relations liaison.