$1,729 – $2,594 per week ($89,949 – $134,924 estimated annual)
This posting has an application deadline of Friday, May 7, 2021.
The San Mateo County Transit District is the administrative body for public transit and transportation programs in San Mateo County, California: SamTrans bus service, including Redi-Wheels paratransit service, Caltrain commuter rail service and the managing agency for the San Mateo County Transportation Authority. The District transports approximately 32 million customers a year and is one of the nation’s top transit agencies. We look forward to continuing our leading role in meeting the transportation challenges of the future.
The Civil Rights Administrator/Investigator reports to the Manager, Civil Rights and will be responsible for investigating Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) complaints, monitoring the Districts EEO program, and developing strategies to promote equitable policies related to the hiring, promotion, and recruiting activities. The position will primarily work for and the San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans) and the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain). The Office of Civil Rights is responsible for the administration and enforcement of local, state, and federal civil rights laws and regulations.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Investigate employee appeals, discrimination complaints and employment inquiries involving the Equal Pay Act, Title VII, Executive Order 11246, ADEA, Rehabilitation Act, Veterans Readjustment Act and the ADA.
· Develop, administer, and evaluate policies and procedures to achieve compliance with EEO. Including development of goals and related action plans and provides regular reporting with Executive Team semi-annually to discuss EEO program goals, actions plans and implementation progress).
· Subject matter expert on matters related to EEO and related Civil Rights issues.
· Develop and implement a District investigation plan with case management system.
· Assist with investigations pertaining to Disadvantaged Business Enterprise participation.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
· Develop and administer comprehensive civil rights programs (including ADA and EEO) to ensure compliance with federal/state regulations, policies, and
guidelines. Provide monitoring and oversight with recommendations for implementing any changes to these programs when necessary.
· Provide training and information to employees on harassment, hostile work environment, and other prohibited conduct as needed.
· Provide guidance and consulting with executive management on the interpretation and implementation of the EEO/Affirmative Action Plan and annual goals. Identify and recommend best practices for SamTrans and Caltrain policies, procedures and practices that foster fair and equal employment practices.
· Monitor, investigate, and resolves complaints of alleged discrimination and/or violations.
· Prepare reports for management including data on hiring, separation and promotion, and recruitment activities. Create and maintain computer reports for employee tracking activities.
· Monitor and review applications and perform site certification interviews; investigate and response to complaints between DBE contractors and the District as needed by the DBE Administrator.
· Collaborate with other departments and OCR staff to ensure federal and state compliance on EEO related matters.
· Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect yourself, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Sufficient education, training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or a related field. Professional experience such as assisting in administering an EEO program may be substituted for the education on a year for year basis.
· Four (4) years full-time experience with implementing and monitoring EEO programs, which must have investigation experience and report writing.
· Experience in a public agency.
· Completion of EEO Investigator Training
· Experience indicating knowledge of methods and techniques used in conducting investigations and complaint resolution.
· Familiarity with federal triennial reviews and report submission.
· Experience in identifying and responding to sensitive community and organizational issues.
· Developing and implementing training programs.
· Previous experience working with B2GNow and LCP Tracker a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://www.smctd.com/jobs.html and follow the related application instructions.
The San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.