$31.93 – $48.76 hourly ($66,432 – $101,441 estimated annual)
This posting has an application deadline of Friday, April 30, 2021.
The San Mateo County Transit District is the administrative body for public transit and transportation programs in San Mateo County, California: SamTrans bus service, including Redi-Wheels paratransit service, Caltrain commuter rail service and the managing agency for the San Mateo County Transportation Authority. The District transports approximately 32 million customers a year and is one of the nation’s top transit agencies. We look forward to continuing our leading role in meeting the transportation challenges of the future.
The Civil Rights Analyst reports to the Manager, Civil Rights and is responsible for supporting the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program with contract compliance, monitoring, and reporting. The position will primarily work for the
Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain) and the San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans).
The Office of Civil Rights reports to the executive office and is responsible for the administration and enforcement of local, state, and federal civil rights laws and regulations.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze and prepare quarterly compliance reports for Federal Transportation Authority submission.
- Implement and monitor compliance measures for both SamTrans and Caltrain DBE programs.
- Develop reports and provide analysis for metrics, budgeting, and DBE goal achievement.
- Collaborate and provide expert guidance to other departments and the public regarding EEO, DBE, Title VI, and Labor compliance policies and procedures.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Collaborate with Agency departments to obtain information regarding vendors and sub-contracts to ensure compliance in various databases.
- Provide training and presentations to entities within the department and other agencies on requirements to meet compliance, including to vendors and their sub-contracts on how to input necessary information into databases.
- Review and monitor contracts, RFPs, and other documents to ensure accurate information concerning DBE/SBE participation.
- Assist contractors with certification or recertification process by working with the DBE Administrator and Civil Rights Investigator to gather required information and documentation.
- Compose and sends letters notifying firms of certification and re-certification; response to letters of appeal;
- Participate in pre-bid conferences; review and recommend contract specific language.
- Develop and maintain contract awards database; prepare reports summarizing DBE statistics,
- Monitor contracts and progress payments to ensure compliance.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Sufficient education, training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, social work, human services, human resources, public policy or closely related field
- Three (3) years of professional experience with federal and state civil rights laws, programs, and reporting requirements.
- Experience in a public or transit agency.
- Familiarity or experience with minority, government, or business programs (SBE, DBE, MBE, etc.).
- Experience with B2gnow vendor payment software, PeopleSoft, and LCPTracker.
- Experience conducting training for various audiences including internal District employees, contractors, and the public.
- Experience using computers and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and statistical databases.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://www.smctd.com/jobs.html and follow the related application instructions.
The San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.