WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Safety Programs Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Safety. This role will be responsible for a variety of administrative and program management tasks by planning and organizing programs and activities as well as the execution of critical operational duties. The goal will be to facilitate the effective implementation and management of programs according to local, state, federal, and Capital Metro’s standards. This position will provide overall support to the Office of Safety, Occupational Health, and Accessible Services to facilitate the day-to-day and long-range implementation of Safety programs, contract administration, vendor payments, and various other projects. Work in a team environment in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented atmosphere.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Assist with the development and implementation of safety programs which includes the necessary organizational structures, accountabilities, health and safety training and policies and procedures; as well as assist with the fine tuning of the safety policies and develop goals and help set direction for improvement.
- Provide administrative and technical support of Capital Metro’s Public Agency Safety Plan, and development and implementation of the System Safety Program plan.
- Develop and recommend strategic short- and long-range objectives and evaluation activities for team performance.
- Develop and coordinate programs that promote safety around public transit.
- Work with each project manager to assure the project controls are intact and current for each project under the department’s authority.
- Manage, monitor, and track all project correspondence of any project document throughout their life cycle: creation, active, inactive, and final disposition.
- Ensure document control procedures comply with local, state, and federal records management policies.
- Provide administrative support which includes calendars, answering telephones, filing, purchase orders, payment requisitions, and scheduling meetings.
- Oversee the Safety Budget to ensure all cost is being designated appropriately and within budgeted amounts.
- Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. Related experience may substitute for educational requirements on a year for year basis up to four (4) years.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative experience in planning and/or analysis that includes developing, conducting, and implementing business programs.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications, database, and other software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of digital technologies, electronic imaging, micrographic, and emerging technologies that impact records management.
- Conflict management to deal with complex or sensitive situations and ensure the positive image of Capital Metro.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a diverse population.
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings, and weekends when necessary.
- Intermediate skill with computers and computer databases including Microsoft Word, Power Point, Access, Project, Excel, and project control software.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to work under limited supervision with latitude for initiative and independent judgment in
- Proficiency in the understanding of security, electronic file, and directory services in a Windows network environment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
- When not working remotely, utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
- If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE