The position supports all components of marketing and public relations and external and internal corporate communication activities to include during periods of crisis and assists in the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Department. Ensures brand message is consistent, timely, and relevant.
- Assist in implementing communications strategies, programs, plans, and campaigns.
• Assist with creating company literature, such as the Annual Report, Budget Document, and technical documents.
• Proofread, edit, and revise communications with a critical eye on how to properly marry text and graphics for a complete communication presentation.
• Create and manage customer signage inventory, placement, and design (at stops, in buses). Coordinate with IS and Planning/Scheduling on electronic customer signage, where appropriate.
• Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type and arranges layout based upon available space, knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts.
• Mark up and assemble final layouts or prepare layouts for printer.
• Design and create public timetables for various distribution platforms to customers (online, app, printed). Collaborate internally on public timetable deadlines for bookings (service updates) with Planning and Scheduling, including with Procurement on printing.
• Assist the Marketing Department with managing daily operations and projects as needed, including promoting new services, marketing current services, promoting niche marketed services, and all aspects of electronic media.
• Assist with daily content and layout management of company web pages.
• Assist with implementing social media strategies and performing social media community management duties.
• Take photos and video in-house for communication or marketing needs. Edit to final.
• May support content management of the GRTC Intranet consistent with internal branding, messaging, and news.
• Assists Development Team members as needed in various administrative duties.
• Maintains personal calendar of projects and events and adheres to project deadlines.
• May assist with scheduling and talent coordination for video/photo shoots.
• Their duties include communicating with company executives, marketing personnel and public figures, completing research into industry trends and public perception.
• Developing custom marketing and advertising strategies, creating designs and layouts for media outlets.
• Writing pitches, blog posts and articles, as well as making decisions about the cost of branding and analyzing trends in customer spending.
• Build relationships with influencers, journalists, to include overseeing social media accounts and ensure brand consistency.
• Identify research needs, execute research studies and projects, and analyze research in order to identify opportunities.
• Stay current on market trends and competitive activity.
• Define and manage the brand communication strategy using a variety of media.
• Own the development and messaging of the brand narrative.
• Create, execute, and manage marketing programs and campaigns.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Individual must be able to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects.
• Individual must be proficient in design programs, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Arc/INFO-GIS, Autocad, Dreamweaver, Excel, Flash, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Expertise with Macintosh and Windows based computers.
• Prefer experience with using the GTFS (General Transit Feed Specification) file, and other software, like Hastus or Clever and the design programs listed previously.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelors’ degree in marketing, visual communication and design, or related field preferred
• One year marketing or project coordination and/or administrative experience preferred
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite required
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite required
• Experience using Expression Engine or similar Content Management Systems preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail required
• Ability to complete projects on time
• Knowledge of marketing concepts
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of basic graphic and web design
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills required
• Ability to follow instructions
• Excellent interpersonal skills required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. They include: sitting, standing, kneeling, lifting, walking and use of hands/fingers.
A pre-employment drug screening will be required
GRTC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WHO VALUES DIVERSITY IN THE WORKFORCE.