Austin, TX, United States
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
This position is responsible for analyzing police data regarding the locations and rates of crime. Creating weekly, monthly, and yearly reports regarding all police activities. Assisting with coordinating and managing the use, purchase, and management of police related technologies (surveillance systems, license plate recognition systems, etc.). Managing system tables and settings for CapMetro Police RMS system. Maintaining police GIS files and mapping. Managing CAD/Dispatch tables for police and fire departments and working on long term planning and support projects for CapMetro Police Command Staff.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Note: The duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
– Manage security user groups for the CapMetro’s police department’s RMS and digital evidence systems.
– Must be able to review, input, and process police related documents into the Records Management System.
– Multi-task oriented, requires exceptional and proficient records management skills, and archive of municipal records.
– Assist public with requests for copies of reports and local criminal history checks.
– Create and run reports to gather various crime and statistical data.
– Coordinate with vendors or CapMetro departments the installation and maintenance of surveillance equipment.
– Conduct research, mainly on-line for new surveillance technologies and updates to State and Federal Laws that require updates to the police records system.
– Import data to create various maps using the GIS crime mapping system.
– Provide exceptional customer service for a variety of coworkers, supervisors, and the public with professionalism and patience.
– Critical thinking skills with highly developed technical skills in processing of municipal government needs.
– Provide statistical data/reports as requested to fulfill the Department’s mission.
– Validate accuracy of police statistical reporting.
– Prepare reports regarding crime data and technology to present at meetings.
– Stay abreast of, and comply with, all CapMetro and departmental policies and procedures.
– Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
– Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Chief of Police or his/her designee.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Criminal Justice, or a related field. Additional experience may substitute for degree on a year for year basis up to four years.
•Municipal government and law enforcement environment experience is preferred.
•One (1) year of experience in records and file room management.
•Valid Texas Driver’s License required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will be able to assist CapMetro departments and government agencies in obtaining police related information.
•A strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is critical for success in this role, as are high levels of accuracy, timeliness, and dependability.
•The position necessitates critical thinking skills with highly developed technical skills in processing of municipal government needs.
•The position requires initiative and the ability to work with little supervision.
Cap Metro is Austin’s regional public transportation provider. We’ve been around since 1985 and work every day to give residents, commuters, and visitors the best possible transit options available to match their busy everyday lives.
We’re always on the move, connecting people with jobs, schools, restaurants, shops, festivals, and other great places to hang out. In fact, we have more than 31 million boardings each year.
ABOUT THE TEAM
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
- Utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
- If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.