WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Demand Response Control Center Service Coordinator II reports directly to the Supervisor, Demand Response Control Center. This position is responsible for demand response service delivery to include ADA Paratransit MetroAccess service, and on- demand Pick-Up services to ensure operations are on-time, safe, productive, and efficient for over 200 vehicles in peak service, serving over 2,400 daily passenger trips. The position requires rapid schedule and trip data review to make sound decisions on routing, responding to vehicle operators on the road, customer inquiries. The position must be able to perform the job duties of the Demand Response Control Center Service Coordinator I position.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Note: The duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- Proficient with pre-day and same-day dispatch functions using computer-aided dispatch and scheduling software (CASD), on-demand APP-based transportation software, vehicle locator software, radio systems, on-board video, front-line operator feedback systems, and emergency notification systems.
- Consistently contacts vehicle operators to update schedules and documents.
- Directs vehicle operators, road supervisors and maintenance personnel to ensure prompt and efficient delivery of demand response services with minimum service interruptions with high quality customer service, high productivity, and financial efficiency.
- Documents and codes service interruptions, schedule changes, and service incidents as a result of customer lates, early requests, vehicle operator lates, and other service interruption incidents
- Assists in review of schedules and trip data to make sound decisions on routing and re-routing patron services.
- Handles many data inputs at once to include vehicle operators over the radio, customer inquiries on the telephone, maintaining a professional calm demeanor.
- Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
- Coordinates with multiple demand service provider staff to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Document performance and maintain related records accurately.
- Promptly and accurately report Service and Safety Concerns reported from operators or road supervisors.
- Develop scheduling templates to maximize productivity and cost efficiency.
- Conduct schedule process using CASD tools to meet customer service demands.
- Scan runs pre and same day schedule to help ensure service optimization, cost efficiency, and on-time performance.
- Investigate complaints /compliments generated from Customer Call Reports
- Research cause through CASD, listen and view recordings, interview individuals.
- Provide response and/ or resolution plan.
- Answer MetroAccess “Where’s my ride Line”, “Cancellations” and “Open Return Line” to create, cancel, and confirm trips for MetroAccess customers, as well as other assigned skillsets and/or phone queues.
- Answers Pickup calls from customers and schedule same day reservations using Via software.
- Understand and apply Pick-Up and MetroAccess trip booking policies and rules including conditional eligibility enforcement.
- Provides accurate information and outstanding customer service to customers and vehicle operators.
- Provides support and general expertise to Customer Service Representative staff.
- Support Demand Response initiatives and pilot programs
- Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action, and reporting safety and security concerns.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three (3) years of dispatch, scheduling, subscription trip processing, customer resolutions, or related experience is required.
- Proficient with same-day dispatch functions using computer-aided dispatch and scheduling software (CASD) to change schedules, enter missed service breaks, code trips required.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of the American Disability Act service area
- Excellent telephone delivery of customer service.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and new systems as they are introduced.
- Knowledge of the Austin street patterns and roadways.
- Thorough knowledge of operational transit methods, practices, and procedures pertaining to the delivery of transit or Paratransit services.
- Skill in reading and relaying information to customers, service providers and drivers.
- Ability to give accurate directions by radio and telephone.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, in writing, and in person.
- Ability to effectively use a personal computer, including use of common email, word processing, and internet navigation systems.
- Ability to problem-solve quickly and effectively customer and driver issues verbally.
- Working knowledge of applicable transit operations laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and labor-management agreements
- Flexibility to work in a team-centered environment while able to take initiative to ensure all assigned and departmental tasks are completed in a timely manner.
This position is designated as a “stationed” position. Stationed positions are positions in which work is performed predominantly on site at CapMetro facilities or in the field; positions that must be in the office to access specific equipment; or are roles that must be accessible to others. Employees in stationed positions are assigned individual workspace and are expected to generally work in the office 4 days a week. CapMetro is in the early stages of mobility planning and the mobility status of this position could be subject to change.
Cap Metro is Austin’s regional public transportation provider. We’ve been around since 1985 and work every day to give residents, commuters, and visitors the best possible transit options available to match their busy everyday lives.
We’re always on the move, connecting people with jobs, schools, restaurants, shops, festivals, and other great places to hang out. In fact, we have more than 31 million boardings each year.
ABOUT THE TEAM
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
- Utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
- If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.