Location Painesville, Ohio
Fantastic opportunity for a seasoned Human Resources executive to oversee all aspects of HR. Work in a well-established, stable environment with excellent benefits and opportunities to assist in organization’s strategic goals while supporting our 240 employees.
As the Director of Human Resources, you will help build a thriving workforce through developing, implementing, and coordinating benefits, compensation plans, performance management, employee relations, government compliance, and community engagement.
• Directs the day-to-day HR administration overseeing HRIS and record keeping
• Serves as Drug & Alcohol Program Manager (DAPM), ensuring FTA and DOT compliance
• Responsible for legal compliance including EEO and Title VII, ADA, FMLA, DOL
• Manages Workers Compensation claims and implements strategies to mitigate risk and minimize premium impact; administrator of Transitional Duty Program
• Manages Laketran’s safety programs and PERRP compliance
• Plans, leads, and directs the employment process and new hire orientation
• Leads annual insurance open enrollment process; coordinates with HTPO and brokers to ensure a smooth transition of employee benefits programs
• Acts as a confidential source of information for employees to address concerns including counseling, Employee Assistance program (EAP), FMLA and other medical leaves and directs complex or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
• Reviews Policy, makes recommendations to CEO, management, and upon approval makes presentation to Laketran’s Board of Trustees
• Plans, develops, and delivers employee training programs on a variety of topics
• Collaborates with department heads on employee matters including safety, welfare, health, and the Employee Assistance Program
• Develops and monitors the annual HR budget
• Maintains a solid understanding and interpretation of the Union Contract and alignment with the Employee Handbook
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads the annual insurance open enrollment process
• Periodically reviews and makes recommendations to the CEO for improvement of agency policies, procedures and practices
• Monitors progressive discipline to ensure continuity
• Consults with and supports legal counsel on complex personnel and other matters
• Conducts exit interviews to determine best practices and areas for improvement
• Stays abreast of new legislation affecting agency compliance
• Facilitator of Laketran’s Safety Committee
• Maintains, supports, and promotes a safe work environment while complying with all government and agency safety rules, policies, and procedures
• Performs other duties as required
• Strong business acumen; superior written and oral communication skills, superior documentation skills; leadership, consultation, and facilitation skills; high level of confidentiality, critical analysis and evaluation skills; relationship management, ethical practice, confidentiality, cultural awareness, excellent organizational skills.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Management with Human Resources emphasis; HRCI or SHRM certification preferred, plus minimum 10 years’ relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience across a broad spectrum of HR functions including the employment process, employment and labor law, benefits and compensation, organizational planning, organizational development, employee relations, safety, training, and labor relations. Public sector experience desired.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
• Valid Ohio driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Work Authorization/Security Clearance
• Legally authorized to work in the United States (verified through E-Verify)
• Security clearance not applicable to this position
Salary & Benefits:
Salary range is $70,695 – $102,885 and commensurate with skills and experience. An outstanding benefits package includes a flexible work schedule, low-cost, high quality health, dental, vision and life insurance, 12 paid holidays, vacation, and sick time, Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS), and Ohio 457 Deferred Compensation option.
Deadline: Position will remain open until filled.
Laketran does not discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.