Salary: Negotiable, Commensurate Upon Experience
Closes: Open until filled
About Greater Richmond Transit Company
The Greater Richmond Company (GRTC) is a medium sized public transit agency in the Richmond Region, serving a population greater than 500,000, and providing up to 10 million rides annually. GRTC provides local bus, express bus, Bus Rapid Transit (GRTC Pulse), rideshare/carpool/vanpool, and paratransit. GRTC is an award-winning agency, in regard to mobility service options and employees. GRTC experienced double-digit ridership increases after implementing a BRT line, and a complete system redesign in 2019. GRTC received dedicated state funding in 2020 and is currently planning for expansion in the region. GRTC has over 500 employees and was awarded the 2021 Employer of the Year by WTS. It is a very exciting time to work at GRTC as the agency is always looking for innovative technology enhancements, business process improvements and plans for growth.
Richmond, Virginia is a wonderful place to live, work and play. Richmond is a vibrant and growing city, with a culture of creativity. It is a river city, that has affordable housing, and is driving distance from DC, the mountains, and the beach. It is also well known for its amazing restaurants, many of which are accessible by transit!
GRTC offers the following outstanding benefits:
- HMO-based health plan with 85% covered by GRTC
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with contributions by GRTC
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Life Insurance coverage in the amount of 1.5 times annual salary paid 100% by GRTC.
- 11 paid holidays, paid birthday, 2 personal days
- Fully vested for company contributions after 1 year
- The company makes a 3% non-contributing match into each employee’s 401(a) plan. In addition,
- GRTC matches your contribution in to the 457(b)-retirement savings plan.
- Company paid short term disability
- Long term disability
- Public school Loan Forgiveness (Not for profit company)
- Dental and vision
- Quarterly volunteer time off program
- Maternity/Paternity paid time off policy
The Greater Richmond Transit Company (GRTC) is searching for a critical member to join our leadership team for the position of Information Technology Director (IT Director). Under direction from the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the IT Director plays a pivotal role in helping to shape the technologies and systems GRTC uses to provide essential service to our communities. The agency is currently experiencing and planning for significant growth in the coming years. As an IT Director you will lead our technology department in the development of their team members and ensure the department is performing at its highest level of potential. You need to be the type of leader that fosters a collaborative and entrepreneurial culture whose values align with GRTC’s values. The IT Director is responsible for the following functions: Information, Applications, Quality, Information Security, IT Capital and Operation Budgets, Networks, Communications and On-Board technology.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS: The Director of Information Technology will have a broad range of skills, from technical knowledge to understanding modern business practices. GRTC expects technical expertise along with leadership and communication skills. The individual will be able to: Analyze workflows and develop goals. Develop and maintain performance standards. Implement and monitor new projects. Plan, organize, manage, and direct the information systems and transportation intelligence activities. Provide technical and professional technology direction to other Department Directors and Managers.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT field, Master’s preferred
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in various areas of information and telephony systems
- 5+ years in successful project management utilizing project management tools, systems development lifecycles and methodology
- Transit experience preferred
- Experience with Cloud Voip Phone systems and VMWARE Servers required
- Experience working with Meraki Firewalls and Switches and SAN devices required
- Training experience with software applications preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY: www.ridegrtc.com
GRTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender
A pre-employment drug screening will be required