New Flyer is North America’s heavy-duty transit bus leader with various locations in North America. Offering the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior® and Xcelsior CHARGE™ brands. It also offers infrastructure development through New Flyer Infrastructure Solutions™, a service dedicated to providing safe, sustainable, and reliable charging and mobility solutions. Further information is available at www.newflyer.com.
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales and Marketing, the Director of Marketing and Public Affairs represents North American Bus and Coach interests to federal, state/provincial, local and industry stakeholders through thoughtful government affairs strategies and strategic lobbyist engagements. In this role, you will ensure industry leadership in digital and print marketing campaigns, including press releases, advertising, social media, email campaigns and website development. You will develop, execute and maintain North American Bus and Coach brand strategies, including brand architecture, brand standards and seamless integration into New Flyer Industries Group brand strategy.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Develops competitive value propositions for New Flyer and Motor Coach Industries (MCI) products/services to be delivered by the Public Sector Sales Team including a zero-emission product marketing and public relations strategy.
• Leads and develops government relations and public affairs initiatives in the U.S. and Canada.
• Participates in public relations opportunities with targeted, high level external audiences including government agencies and politicians.
• Directs and manages government affairs consultants and/or lobbyist relationships.
• Maintains a comprehensive inventory of product marketing collateral, brand, and sales support assets including presentations, brochures, bid and training material, images, promotional items, FAQs, talk points and sales information bulletins.
• Works directly with customers on special events, ridership communication, promotions, digital presence and in-person presentations.
• Oversees sponsorship and ROI of customer events, conferences and special initiatives.
• Develops communication, media, and promotions to champion customer objectives and achievements.
• Manages expense budget to approved plans and participates in NABC business unit meetings.
• Ensures compliance of policies and processes with all regulatory and legal requirements including organizational, Quality, Environmental, and Health and Safety Programs.
• Supports and promotes ongoing operation of the New Flyer Vehicle Innovation Center through facilitating program maintenance and upgrades.
• Leads and develops the New Flyer marketing team, including guiding ongoing activities to maintain team performance, and providing training and ongoing communication on customer experience, marketing collateral, strategic communication, market developments, and new industry or media trends.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• Bachelors’ or Masters’ Degree in Marketing, Public Affairs, Public Relations, or equivalent.
• Proven record of success in senior marketing, public affairs and/or public relations roles.
• Highly equipped to navigate federal and state/local political environments and/or leading consensus building matters or industry trade talks and corporate positioning.
• Experience strategizing and executing complex, large-scale events with political dignitaries and/or multiple stakeholder involvement.
• Exceptional public speaking, presentation and relationship development skills are required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, basic site development platforms (ex: Squarespace, WordPress), major social media channels (ex: LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter), and Google Analytics.
• Comfortability navigating the U.S./Canadian political, social, environmental, and media arenas.
*Between 20-30% of travel is required in this position.
The successful candidate for this role can be located anywhere within Canada or the United States of America.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
• Competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
• A continuous learning environment.
• Ability to advance your career with a growing company.
• NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer for 2020 and this is the tenth since the competition was established in 2007.
• Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more.
• Ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house training initiatives along with tuition subsidies for courses at outside institutions.
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
NFI Group is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions. News and information are available at www.nfigroup.com, www.newflyer.com, www.mcicoach.com, www.arbocsv.com, www.alexander-dennis.com, www.carfaircomposites.com and www.nfi.parts.