If you have experience in directing the day-to-day operational oversight in the field of public transit operations – CATA may have a job for you. A proven strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to lead and direct a diverse team are vital to what we are looking for. The preferred candidate will have a bachelors degree and a minimum of 10 years experience plus experience in labor relations are preferred.
Some pertinent responsibilities of the position are listed below.
1. Works with all departments and/or teams to deliver related services with a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients; coordinates equal representation of all CATA services
2. Establishes, in coordination with the Assistant Executive Director for Operations, department vision, performance goals and business strategies to achieve short and long-term goals in accordance with operational strategic plans focusing on transportation needs
3. Assures that CATA offers quality services that meet community needs; serves as a member in the process to assure the concepts and constraints of operations are represented in service planning; recommends ways to enhance operation effectiveness, contain costs and improve efficiencies
4. Directs, monitors, provides guidance for employee activities and projects; mentors and appraises the performance of direct reports and assists with developing them to do the same for their direct reports; empowers subordinated managers to lead divisions effectively and efficiently while consulting work units
5. Participates in labor negotiations; assists in developing and implementing negotiation strategies; presents and clarifies negotiation issues with executive management; communicates Authority actions to represented staff during union negotiations and implements any activities in accordance with legal and agency mandates
6. Develops and executes strategies and resolutions for major financial issues in the annual budget cycles and long-range planning; oversees the development and recommendations for approval and administration of fiscal budgets; directs and monitors expenditures in accordance with the approved budgets
7. Monitors, analyzes and reports on operating performance, facilitates problem resolution, and directs efforts to achieve continuous improvement in service quality
8. Understands, interprets and ensures compliance with applicable rules, regulations, laws, policies and procedures and takes corrective action as necessary
9. Establishes and sustains effective working relationships, strategic partnerships and effective communications with executives, the governing Board of Directors, employees, and other internal and external stakeholders and customers
10. Tracks response and departmental resolution of complaints raised by transit customers and the public relating to the provision of quality transit service within the operations division and makes necessary corrections
For this position CATA offers vacation leave, sick leave and nine paid holidays. Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(a), 457, Roth IRA, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), free membership to health club and free transit pass.
Starting salary (dependent upon experience and qualifications) $105,000 – $125,000
Selected candidate will be subject to MVR, drug and alcohol testing and criminal background check.
Interested candidates can apply by going to https://catabus.com/careers/
CATA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
The preferred candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years experience plus experience in labor relations are preferred.