WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
CapMetro is seeking a Director, Zero-Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Program to coordinate all program activities for the agency’s transition, operations, and maintenance of zero-emission vehicles. The various projects will help transform CapMetro’s entire bus fleet, on-demand, and paratransit vehicles to zero-emission vehicles. This dynamic leader will take on challenging assignments working with all the internal and external stakeholders to support zero-emission vehicles.
The Director reports to the Vice President, Imagination, Research, and Industry Benchmarking and will work across many of the agency’s departments engaging key stakeholders that play critical roles in supporting the integration of zero-emission vehicles and engage partners across the region
The Director, Zero-Emission Vehicle Program will serve as a technical subject matter expert and resource for the agency and enterprise-wide ZEV programs, initiatives, and emerging technologies. This individual will provide extensive, in-depth, and specialized analysis, reporting, operational training, and ongoing procedural improvements related to emerging zero-emission technologies and regulations and will provide the necessary budgetary oversight and administrative accountabilities.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Note: The duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- Develop and direct the implementation of goals, objectives, training, procedures, and work standards for the ZEV Program.
- Plan and manage projects to support CapMetro’s transition to a zero-emission fleet by ensuring that services and projects are accomplished efficiently, effectively, and within the established timelines; evaluate issues, provide solutions, and implement corrective action as necessary.
- Coordinate all ZEV program and project schedules to ensure on time delivery as established in the development of the program or project specifications.
- Monitor and direct or perform day-to-day operations related to the agency’s ZEV programs and initiatives to ensure adherence to policies and procedures, and that goals and objectives are met as outlined in the program.
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert for CapMetro’s Zero-Emissions Vehicle Program contribution to the development and implemenations of industry buest practices and zero-emission tranining programs.
- Direct and manage preparing of documents necessary to procure required systems, licenses, maintenance, and support. Direct and manage ensuring any renewals are completed before expiration and CapMetro is in compliance with any vendor licensing requirements.
- Interpret and comply with current and emerging federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ensure that services and projects are accomplished efficiently, effectively, and within established timelines; evaluate issues, provide solutions, and implement corrective action as necessary.
- Develop systems and maintain records that provide for the proper evaluation, control, and documentation of assigned activities; prepare a variety of written correspondence, reports, agenda items, procedures, directives, and other materials; make Board presentations, as required.
- Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Transportation Planning, or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for degree on a year for year basis up to four years.
- Eight (8) years of experience as a project manager in the transportation industry, including management of consultants and professional staff.
- Extensive and progressively responsible senior management experience in planning, engineering, and transit operational functions, with direct fiscal responsibility.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute preferred.
- Experience in major transportation infrastructure projects .
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of program administration and evaluation, including goal setting, scheduling, the development of objectives, work planning and organization, budgeting, purchasing, and contractor management; theories, principles and operational practices applicable to ZEV technologies.
- Advanced business writing skills, excellent verbal skills, and ability to develop and deliver strategically targeted messages.
- Knowledge of resources to supplement program services, applicable laws, rules, ordinances and regulations and applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations and ordinances relevant to ZEV.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, policies, procedures, and other written materials.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, summarize, and present administrative and technical information and data in an effective manner.
- Ability to interpret, apply, explain, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Ability to conduct complex research projects, evaluate alternatives, make sound recommendations, and prepare effective technical staff report.
- Strong business knowledge or advanced understanding of the transit industry, and support of business objectives by developing integrated communication strategies and tactics.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing including the development of reports, presentations, press releases, and correspondence on behalf of the Board of Directors, the President/CEO, and CapMetro organization.
- Knowledge of the Project Management Institute PMBOK for standard project management methodologies and processes.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Project to develop a project schedule, assign resources to tasks, track progress, and analyze workloads.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
- High level of analytical and creative skills and the ability to find solutions to complex interpersonal, professional technical and administrative problems.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees, media representatives, the CapMetro Board of Directors, the public and all parties, both inside and outside of CapMetro in a diverse socio-economic and cultural environment.
- Ability to effectively work as a team player. A self-starter responsive to organizational needs, committed to excellence and continual employee development.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with federal agencies and policymakers.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
- Utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
- If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE