This Job is a part of our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Department.
Summary of Job:
Under the general direction of the Diversity Compliance Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for work in investigating certification applications and annual re-certifications, preparing for and conducting workshops and and community outreach. The position will work extensively with facilitating the administration of the provisions of JTA’s Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE), Local Small Business Enterprise (LSBE), and Micro-LSBE programs, respectively. This position will provide support and assistance to other team members with the Local Option Gas Tax Extension (LOGT Ext.) Roads Program and the JobsforJax/Workforce Development Program, as needed. The position will coordinate and monitor the activities of the program’s contractors and subcontractors. In addition, the incumbent will be required to collect and monitor prime and subcontractor contracts for adherence to FTA mandated nondiscrimination assurance clauses. This position will receive supervision and guidance from the Diversity Compliance Manager on the implementation and administration of all DBE and LSBE certifications, recertifications, certification removals and monitoring of prime payments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews applications from firms to determine if they meet all federal requirements for certification as DBEs/LSBEs. Serves as advisor regarding issues pertaining to DBE/LSBE certification.
- Assists in the development of lists of vendors to participate in the JTA’s DBE, LSBE and Micro-LSBE programs.
- Responsible for maintaining a list of qualified disadvantaged/small business vendors for user departments and the Procurement Division.
- Assist in generating and providing data to support the following reports: Quarterly to JTA Board of Directors, Quarterly to City of Jacksonville, and Semi-Annually to FTA. Provides other reports as required or deemed necessary by JTA.
- Identifies type of work, goods, services, and other contracting activities for DBE/LSBE and Micro-LSBE firms.
- Assists in the preparation of the DBE/LSBE Program Plan, collects necessary data to measure DBE/LSBE goal attainments in compliance with Federal guidelines.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of contracts in B2GNow Compliance Tracking System.
- Provides assistance to primes and subcontractors on reporting issues.
- Ensures active prime contractors are self-reporting payments into compliance tracking system and abiding by prompt payments clause.
- Performs contract audit for incomplete audits, discrepancies, closeouts/final, past due audits, and locked audits.
- Participates in pre-proposal meetings and supplier information workshops outlining DBE and LSBE program requirements and rendering assistance to contractors with development of acceptable submissions.
- Monitors contracts for goal meeting obligations and contacts prime contractors for explanation and resolution.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to all customer inquiries by phone and email.
- Reviews and monitors Certification Change Requests in B2GNow.
- Assists primes and subcontractors in vendor compliance training.
- Track vendor payments via Oracle system.
- Works with External Affairs on any advertising and marketing needs for the department.
- Creates and maintains JTA’s active DBE/LSBE Bidders List.
- Assists all potential DBE and LSBE firms with any questions or problems with the online application process.
- Runs periodical reports for DBE and LSBE applications received, processed, pending and incomplete.
- Runs renewal reports and contacts firms for recertification adherence.
- Provides guidance and technical assistance to JTA personnel, as instructed.
- Works with other U.S. Department of Transportation recipients and sub recipients, local government agencies, and the contracting industry to identify more efficient and effective administration methods.
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations and other pertinent documents for dissemination for internal and external workshops regarding JTA’s DBE and LSBE Programs.
- Develops and prepares program information for outreach to the general community, civic groups, and organizations, including potential disadvantaged/small business vendors.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as personal computers, copiers, and related equipment.
- Coordinates and implements partnership between Outreach and Technical Assistance Programs and the DBE/LSBE Certification Program to utilize resources in assisting firms in understanding and taking advantage of prime contracting and subcontracting opportunities.
- Works closely with staff on department outreach programs, town hall meetings, Florida Black Expo, MED-Week activities, other governmental agency workshops.
- Proficient with using Contract Compliance Software Program (B2GNow), to include data input, analysis and report generation.
- Conducts on-site/virtual reviews of program applicants to verify the information submitted is correct and accurate for making eligibility determinations
- Conducts investigations for certification purposes.
- Proven analytical and research skills.
- Composes correspondence and prepares reports.
- Ability to operate motor vehicle.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Supervisory & Operational Authority:
- No direct report(s).
- Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
- Responsible for reviewing and complying with all JTA policies, procedures and directives.
Required/ Preferred Experience:
Required: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, Legal or Compliance/Risk, Finance, Economics, Urban Administration or a related field.
Preferred: Five to eight years of progressively responsible experience demonstrating a working knowledge of analyzing and interpreting financial information, contract specifications, contract compliance programs and requirements, experience in training, conducting investigations, small and minority business programming,
Required: Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during employment in this class.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of administrative practices, methods, and procedures relating to research, record keeping and related administrative support operations.
- Ability to communicate, both written and oral, in a concise and proficient manner.
- Experience and knowledge of basic computer software reporting in Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of training and workshop techniques and methods of disseminating information.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply various laws, policies and documents relating to programs.
- Ability to systematically coordinate and monitor administrative activities.
- Ability to compile data, prepare reports and compose correspondence.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as personal computers, copiers and related equipment.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Perform repetitive motion.
The Jacksonville Transportation Authority is a public transit service provider governed by requirements of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
Due to the nature of some work performed at the JTA/JTM some jobs are classified as ‘Safety Sensitive’ and are subject to random testing for drug and alcohol use. All offers for employment are required to undergo pre-employment and possible random drug testing. If test shows a positive result your application for employment will be rejected, or if hired, employment may be terminated.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
To apply for this vacancy you must create a user account and profile — then apply for the specified job opening. Applications are considered for 90 days. The Jacksonville Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer — M/F/D/V.
Preference in appointment is available to eligible veterans, disabled veterans and spouses of disabled veterans. Applicants claiming preference must attach the following applicable forms with their resume at the time application in order to receive the preference.
• DD-214 (Member Form-4 copy)
• FDVA Veterans Preference Certification Form VP-1
• FDVA Certificate of Current Member of Reserve Form VP-2
• FDVA Certification of Unremarried Widow or Widower Form VP-3
It is the responsibility of the applicant to disclose true and accurate information on their account profile and/or resume. Falsification of this information may lead to your disqualification from vacancy consideration and/or termination of employment.