Our client, an award-winning transit agency located in the Southern California High Desert in a desirable
and affordable community is seeking a talented leader to be its next Executive Director.
• The applicant must have a minimum of ten years of public transit experience with 5 years in an
executive level capacity. A stable work history, with a record of progressively responsible
advancement in the transit industry is a must.
• Technologically savvy, able to provide strong oversight of the implementation of transit
productivity software and alternative fuel systems.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate a team of service professionals.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully interface with various boards and
• A four-year degree from an accredited university or technical college in public administration or a
related discipline is a plus, however a work history of progressively responsible experience will be
considered as equivalent.
• Active participation in state and regional transit associations for the benefit of transit as a whole.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and comparable applications is required.
An excellent compensation package DOQ will be provided. The agency is a member of the CalPERS
system for its retirement and health programs.
How to Apply
Please submit the following by email to Transitpro@outlook.com with “Executive Director” in the subject
1. A letter of interest specifically written for this position.
2. Current Resume detailing the last ten years of work experience including salary history.
3. Two (2) writing, presentation or report samples.
4. Three (3) professional references including at least one (past or present) Supervisor or Co-worker