Salary Range: $159,182 – $198,723 – $238,264
Open until Filled
Applicants who best meet job-related qualifications will be invited to participate in the examination process that may consist of any combination of written, performance, or oral appraisal to further evaluate job-related experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Candidates can complete their Employment Applications on their mobile device or computer.
Telephone: (213) 922-6217 or persons with hearing or speech impairments can use California Relay Service 711 to contact Metro.
All completed online Employment Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on the posting end date.
Metro is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, committed to maintaining an environment that values diversity and where its employees and applicants are free from discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Decisions affecting all LACMTA employment practices are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal or state statutes.
Knowledge of (defined as a learned body of information that is required for and applied in the performance of job tasks)
- Theories, principles and practices of planning and development applicable to assigned area, which may include transportation planning, environmental planning, land use and urban planning, community development, affordable housing, and/or real estate development
- Applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing transportation policies, and various transportation and/or community development funding sources
- Financial, analytical, and statistical procedures applicable to assigned area, which may include research, geo-spatial, and mathematical processes
- Administrative principles and methods, including goal setting, program and budget development and implementation
- Social, political, and environmental issues influencing transportation programs
- Principles of adaptive management and leadership
Skill in (defined as the proficient manual, verbal, or mental utilization of data, people, or things)
- Planning, organizing, and implementing an integrated work program of for a major departmental division involving multi-modal planning, countywide planning, integration of all system wide elements (bus/rail interface), grants management, and/or programming services
- Analyzing situations, identifying problems, implementing strategic solutions, and evaluating outcomes
- Providing detailed policy analysis and establishing and implementing comprehensive detailed policies, procedures, plans, work standards, internal controls, and other protocols
- Understanding, analyzing, and developing solutions to complex planning and design concepts
- Exercising sound judgment and creativity in making decisions
- Managing staff and budget resources toward realizing complex and multi-faceted work programs
- Determining strategies to achieve goals
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing to a wide variety of audiences
- Interacting professionally with various levels of Metro employees, outside representatives, elected officials, and the general public
- Mediating and negotiating complicated conversations, with a variety of stakeholders
Ability to (defined as a present competence to perform an observable behavior or produce an observable result)
- Develop and implement policies, programs, and studies that realize agency goals
- Conduct planning studies and projects
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, budgets, contracts, and labor/management agreements
- Represent Metro before a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Prepare comprehensive reports and correspondence
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Metro provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical office situation
- Close exposure to computer monitors and video screen