Salary $20.96 – $23.60 Hourly
The work of the Fleet Care Attendant is among the most essential jobs at Pierce Transit. Providing clean and sanitary buses communicates to our passengers that we understand their safety and well-being are paramount. A successful candidate for this job will be a self-starter who takes pride in their work, keeps safety at the forefront, and has a track record of outstanding customer service. Reliability and a solid work history will round out this candidate’s application.
*Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities*
The following lists are only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
• Washes interior walls, ceiling, windows, handrails, mirrors and seats of coaches.
• Cleans driver compartment and area behind doors in step wells.
• Removes gum, candy and other foreign materials from seats, walls and floors.
• Mops floors and step wells.
• Reports any damage to the interior of vehicles.
• Enters work order data into a computerized work order system.
• Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
• Responsible for requesting supplies on a timely basis.
• Makes bus and paratransit vehicle exchanges.
• Regular and predictable attendance is required.
**Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities**
• One year of experience in commercial automotive detail, commercial car wash, janitorial, custodial, or related work.
• Must obtain Class B Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) prior to hire.
• Successfully obtain a Class B Commercial Driver License with air brake and passenger endorsement within 90 days of hire.
• Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
• Must be willing to work any shift as assigned (weekends and/or swing or graveyard shift are likely).
This position is represented by the Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU), Local #758.
To be considered for this vacancy, you must apply and follow instruction online via https://www.piercetransit.org/careers/.
Pierce Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Pierce Transit has a strong commitment to the community we serve and our employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to have a workforce that reflects the community we serve. No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.