Trinity Metro has an immediate opening for Grants Administrator. This incumbent secures grant funds for the authority. This position provides professional, administrative and technical support in the area of grants to ensure that all grant requirements are met after grant funds are secured. The incumbent performs under the general direction of the VP of Planning & Development. The incumbent is knowledgeable in federal and state funding programs. The incumbent may work directly with the Federal Transit Administration, the Department of Transportation, the North Central Texas Council of Governments and other agencies to meet organizational objectives as it relates to regional transportation programs, and other grant programs
This position’s responsibilities include:
- Projects funding needs and other expenditure requirements for use by the VP of Planning & Development, the Budget Analyst and others in the organization.
- Establishes a process for research of grant opportunities and seeks out sources of grant funds that might help Trinity Metro accomplish its mission and long term goals.
- Prepares project proposals to compete in calls for projects conducted by the North Central Texas Council of Governments which is the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for this region.
- Writes grant applications and works with funding agencies and the MPO to expedite the aware of grant funding.
- Advises and supports the work of the Budget Analyst in monitoring grant funded projects to ensure that costs incurred are eligible under grant terms and allowable under OMB A-87.
- Prepares periodic reports and maintain documents, as required by funding agencies.
- Prepares reimbursement requests for grant funds in a timely fashion, maximizing the dollars available to Trinity Metro for operations.
- Establishes relationships with funding agencies and the MPO that will support Trinity Metro’s efforts to secure federal and other funding.
- Represents Trinity Metro before the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), TxDOT, and other agencies on grant related issues to advocate Trinity Metro’s interests.
- Prepares reports as needed to assist senior management in formulation and implementation of policies that are called for under federal regulations.
- Advises senior management as needed regarding grant related strategy and procedures based on developments at the MPO, current FTA guidelines and processes, and on current Federal regulations.
- Remains current on new industry trends, methods, and technology.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve operations, decrease inefficiencies and streamline work processes;work cooperatively with all customers, internal and external.
- Participates in company community activities to promote transit on off duty hours.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Directly supervises one or more employees.
- Applies supervisory responsibilities according to organizational policies and applicable laws.
- Interviews, hires and trains employees; plans, and directs work; sets goals for the department; evaluates and managesemployee performance; addresses complaints and resolves employee issues.EDUCATION
Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, Budgeting, Urban Studies or other fields applicable to government or transit from an accredited four-year college or university.
Master’s Degree in Public or Business Administration is desired.
One year experience in grants administration, statistical analysis, accounting and/or budgeting, preferably in municipal or transit operations.
Any combination of experience, training and/or education that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may substitute for the required education.
Apply online at: www.ridetrinitymetro.org/careers