The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) is pleased to announce the recruitment of a Group Manager, Production Support for the Rolling Stock & Shops (RS&S) Department. Under the direction of the Chief Mechanical Officer, the Group Manager, Production Support assumes full management responsibilities for all departmental services, activities, goals, objectives, policies and priorities related to comprehensive lifecycle rail car and component level maintenance planning and scheduling, revenue rail car onboarding and decommissioning, materials management, vehicle and component reliability tracking, analysis and reporting, and process improvement programs. The incumbent will plan, direct and coordinate the production support group’s work plan, projects and programmatic areas of responsibility. The Group Manager, Production Support will participate in the development and management of BART’s Strategic Maintenance Program, annual capital and operating budgets and forecast of staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies.
DISCOVER THE REWARDS OF WORKING AT BART!
Join BART and get on the fast track to a satisfying career! BART remains dedicated to its employees:
- Enjoy our excellent compensation package–competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits:
- Step pay-scale and annual contract negotiated increases;
- CalPERS pension (2% at age 55 for classic members and 2% at age 62 for non-classic members) and two other investment programs;
- Excellent medical, vision, and dental benefits;
- Supplemental insurances;
- Paid holidays and vacation for a favorable work-life balance;
- Complimentary BART passes for employee and qualifying dependents.
- Participate in our team-oriented and collaborative work environment.
- Take advantage of our opportunities for individual advancement and job stability.
- Help achieve our mission: Do your part in helping well over 430,000 daily riders connect to work, school, and any other place they need to go, while reducing greenhouse gas emissions and contributing to your community!
- Share in our vision to help build the next generation of our Bay Area’s transit system!
- Take pride as you work on the fleet of the future!
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Rolling Stock & Shops (RS&S), an ISO 9001 2015 certified department of $138M+ operating budget and 826 FTE, is responsible for all engineering, maintenance and operations support functions for BART rail car fleet. Over the next several years, RS&S will grow as it continues to receive and test new, next generation rail cars, opens the state-of-the-art Hayward Maintenance Complex, and matures its reliability-centered maintenance processes as part of its innovative Strategic Maintenance Program, all while meeting demanding car availability goals for the existing service plan to increase commuter convenience.
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES APPLY AT: http://www.bart.gov/about/jobs
For the full job description, please follow this link: http://www.bart.gov/about/jobs/descriptions
Then, scroll down to “Group Manager, Production Support” in the Job Title column.
A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
Please Note: Applicants with transcripts from outside the United States or its territories must have the transcripts evaluated by an academic accrediting service.
Additional experience as outlined above may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Five (5) years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable experience in preventive maintenance, inspection, and repair of fixed rail transit vehicles which must have included at least two (2) years of management and/or supervisory experience.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record. Requires 24 hours, 7 days per week on-call responsibility for revenue vehicle and shop problems.
The successful candidate will have the following education/skills/experience beyond the minimum qualifications:
- Ability to represent the group to higher management, the BART Board, and funding agencies.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to make clear presentations, produce concise technical and administrative reports, and explain complex/technical issues to BART management and leaders.
- Experience in preparing and administrating group/program budgets and contracts.
- Participating in the development and administration of division goals, objectives, policy and procedures.
- Experience in conducting project coordination and management.
- Experience in implementing Lean manufacturing principles and practices.
- Experience in implementing Strategic Maintenance Program services and activities.
- Expertise in Maximo or similar computerized maintenance and materials management system.
- Skill in defining appropriate rail car reliability and availability key performance measures and recommending effective methodologies for data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Familiarity with full life cycle maintenance practices for heavy rail transit vehicles and their components.
HOW TO APPLY http://www.bart.gov/about/jobs
NOTE: To be considered, please apply on the BART.gov website ONLY. Please be sure to list where you learned about this position in your application.