Trinity Metro has an immediate opening for Infrastructure Coordinator. The incumbent will manage the request, installation, and review of bus stop signs, benches, and shelters that will enhance customer service and contribute to long-term investment in the service area community. The incumbent in this task maintains a database of bus stop signs, benches, and shelters that have been requested and installed. The incumbent will coordinate with the appropriate city, agency or business representatives in order to approve infrastructure locations, accessibility, and overall condition. The incumbent will also work under the supervision of the Planning Manager to create infrastructure requests commensurate with service changes and/or other demographic or land use changes within the service area.
This position’s responsibilities include:
- Receives and process bus stop sign, bench and shelter requests made by customers and local officials.
- Develops and maintains database and corresponding GIS information for bus stops including signs, benches, shelters, and other amenities.
- Maintains working knowledge of contractual obligations between Trinity Metro and its contractors for infrastructure installation.
- Obtains and records new infrastructure locations through the use of GPS hardware.
- Updates databases for new information on: condition, accessibility, and location of infrastructureannually, and upon installation of new infrastructure.
- Maps existing infrastructure using ArcView.
- Accompanies and supervises crew during infrastructure installation.
- Researches and analyzes potential sites for park-and-ride facilities.
- Proposes new facilities where warranted by ridership or transit demand as justified through data stored and mapped using ArcView.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve operations, decrease inefficiencies and streamline work processes; work cooperatively with all customers, internal and external.
- Participates in company community activities to promote transit on off duty hours.EDUCATIONGraduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Geography, Mathematics, Business, or a closely related field. Training on Geographic Information System (GIS) is a plus.
Knowledge of the City of Fort Worth and TxDOT project development processes, ROW permitting and Advance Funding Agreements a plus.
Three to five years’ experience in transportation infrastructure, transit operations or planning/scheduling related work.
Apply online at: www.ridetrinitymetro.org/careers