WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a fast learner that is curious by nature and detail-oriented? Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills? If so, we want to hear from you! CapMetro is seeking an Internal Auditor to lead and perform financial, operational, and compliance audits.
The Internal Auditor reports directly to the Vice President, Internal Audit. This position is responsible for advanced, specialized and/or managerial audit work. Examines records, reports, financial data, information systems, and management practices to ensure compliance with statutes and internal policies. Conducts audits for program economy, efficiency, and effectiveness. Performs project management duties: plan, schedule, coordinate, review and report on audit projects. Provides expertise in auditing standards, performance criteria, business process review, and other areas that require extensive experience in auditing and/or business controls. Works under limited supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. May plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, public information, computer information systems or a related field. Related experience may substitute for educational requirements on a year for year basis for up to four (4) years.
- Five (5) years of auditing and/or business controls/processing experience.
- Professional certification or license: Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, or Certified Government Auditing Professional.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate intermediate proficiency in Microsoft 365 products including Word and Excel.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creativity in making decisions.
- Must have proficiency and ability to apply auditing standards promulgated by the Government Accountability Office and the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Skill in composing and organizing clear and concise audit reports, summaries, memos, correspondence, directions, and related materials.
- Skill in organizing and analyzing evidence from different perspectives by different means to identify themes, trends, or patterns and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of employees and outside representatives.
- Ability to train and/or supervise the work of others to lead an audit team, communicate audit findings and recommendations effectively, process and assimilate large amounts of reading materials.
- Ability to interpret statutes and instructions, evaluate accounting and/or management operations systems for accuracy and legal conformance and to prepare clear, concise reports of audit findings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive material as position is authorized to have full, free, and unrestricted access to all Capital Metro functions, records, property, and personnel required to discharge audit responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate in an effective manner with the Capital Metro staff and management, contract service providers, and the Board of Directors while maintaining productive working relationships.
- Must develop and maintain the highest level of credibility.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
- Utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
- If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
For more information and to apply, visit: https://capmetro.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/452?c=capmetro