Under general supervision, the Light Rail Signal Supervisor plans, organizes, supervises and coordinates maintenance and repair of signaling and rail safety systems, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) hardware, software and network devices, ticket vending machine controllers and network devices and other electrical equipment for a light rail system; and performs related duties as assigned.
– Plans, schedules, and supervises the inspection, maintenance, and repair of signaling and rail safety systems, the light rail SCADA system, ticket vending systems, communications systems, and other electrical equipment and systems;
– Coordinates maintenance and repair activities with personnel and departments to ensure safe, reliable, ongoing light rail operations;
– Supervises and performs inspections and repair of signals, approach circuits, interlocking devices, transponders, switch controls, signal preemptor controls, crossing-gate equipment, and other electrical/electronic/mechanical equipment;
– Hires, trains, evaluates performance, provides feedback and counseling, and disciplines workers; may represent VTA at disciplinary hearings;
– Conducts safety training; monitors and ensures that assigned staff follow safety procedures and safe work practices;
– Estimates labor, time, costs, and materials for maintenance and repair work orders;
– Maintains records and prepares reports on unit work activities.
Development of the required knowledge, skills and abilities is typically obtained through completion of a recognized apprenticeship program; and six years of progressively responsible experience in electrical/electronic maintenance, including at least one year supervising or functioning as a team leader in the maintenance and repair of railway or traffic signals.
Only on-line applications are accepted for this position. Proceed to the Employment Link of the VTA website at www.vta.org in order to apply or to obtain additional information. This position is open until filled.