The successful candidate is a strategic, detailed-oriented, and data driven leader, who is ready to take on the day-to-day operations of the Maintenance Department. In a safe, efficient, and economical manner, the Maintenance Manager will provide direction and coordination to employees responsible for the service and repair of equipment, vehicles, buildings, and grounds.
- Manages and implements policies, procedures and standards that support business plans
• Works closely with Human Resources Director on employee or union issues
• Seeks opportunities to introduce the fleet maintenance best practices
• Responsible for DOT compliance and inspections of revenue and service equipment
• Assist General Manager in preparation of the annual operation budget
• Manages maintenance personnel
• Assist Human Resources in interviewing and hiring of maintenance personnel
• Manages annual training
• Responsible for managing the ordering of parts and maintaining inventory
- Must maintain current and valid Indiana driver’s license.
• Must have a minimum 5 years of management and fleet transit maintenance experience managing employees on multiple shifts.
• CDL is required with passenger and air brake endorsement.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field of study is preferred.
• Any combination of experience, training, and/or education that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will substitute for the required education.
• Experience in managing all aspects of fleet maintenance and paratransit to include employee and equipment safety, work practice management, quality, productivity, procurement, planning, scheduling, employment development, labor relations, and budgeting.