Port Authority is seeking a Manager of Corridor Planning to be responsible for the management of corridor planning projects for the Authority. Advances the priorities of the long-range plan through corridor expansion planning projects. Assists the Section Manager of Planning with Departmental tasks, presentations, and community engagement. Responsible for personnel actions for Corridor Planning staff within the Planning Section, to include onboarding, training, development, and performance reviews.
· Manages the daily activities of the Corridor Planning Team within the Planning Section of the Department. Establishes and aligns departmental and individual goals and objectives with corporate goals. Evaluates performance and promotes growth through mentoring and development.
· Manages studies of major corridor planning with consultants, which include, but are not limited to, analysis of alternatives, environmental analysis, and administrative needs of carrying out work orders such as timelines, ensuring deliverables are met, and invoicing is accurate and timely.
· Manages the community engagement for corridor planning projects, in alignment with Agency values, in an inclusive and transparent manner.
· Manages the creation of, and interim updates for, long-range plans of the Agency.
Job requirements include:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Engineering, Transportation, Architecture, Urban Studies, Public Policy or directly related field from an accredited school (Directly related experience may substitute for education.)
· Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in Transportation Planning, primarily in the area of mass transit or multimodal planning (Experience may be substituted by advanced education on a year for year basis.)
· Minimum of two (2) years of direct supervisory or management experience.
· Demonstrated ability to read engineering design documents and conceptual plans.
· Demonstrated ability to draft work plans and projects for internal staff or consultants to carry out.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively present planning project information to Senior-level audiences such as Senior Staff or the Authority’s Board, as well as community, stakeholder, and public meetings.
· Demonstrated ability in the use of modern office software such as the Microsoft Office package.
· Understanding of the principles of GIS, CAD, VisSim, and other transportation planning applications.
· Ability to prioritize multiple complex projects.
· Valid PA driver’s license must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position.
· Master’s Degree in Planning, Engineering, Transportation, Architecture, Urban Studies, Public Policy, or directly related field from an accredited school.
· AICP (American Institute of Certified Planners) Professional Certification.
· Knowledge of Allegheny County and the Pittsburgh region.
· Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite applications.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to:
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527