This position is part of the Public Affairs Department.
Summary of Job:
Under the general direction of Assistant Vice President — Public Affairs, the Brand and Marketing Communications Manager leads the development and execution of branding programs and marketing communications to continually enhance the JTA’s brand reputation and image, as well as increase brand awareness. Assists in maximizing the effectiveness of public and stakeholder communications and monitoring the agency’s brand identity among key stakeholders, customers and constituents.
Essential Job Functions:
Ensures the organization’s message is distributed across broad channels and targeted audiences in order to accomplish organizational goals.
- Provides work direction to the brand and communications team through the development of specific strategies and tactics that promote the organizations culture, including brand marketing campaigns, advertising and activations through target marketing and segmentation strategies.
- Manages input and direction for marketing consultant to the JTA, developing brand standards/guidelines, style guides, templates, and other materials, while keeping the company’s vision, mission, goals and core values in mind.
- Build brand awareness.
- Develop, monitor, and manage the marketing budget.
- Advises internal and external stakeholders on issues relevant to the brand.
- Establishes and nurtures relationships with creative, communications, productions, promotional agencies and vendors.
- Formulates marketing strategies and campaign activities in coordination with Communications team.
- Ensures that all team members provide high quality work, customer service, while monitoring the delivery of the brand direction and recommending areas of improvement.
- Provides staff development support by providing staff in learning and applying tools that validate the protection and development of the agency’s brand identity and value.
- Develop Marketing Plans – Implements a long-term strategic plan based upon business intelligence and market research in all of the JTA service and stakeholder areas of activity and has accountability for creative technological applications, etc. All of these elements and more will be directed by the manager to expand communications management toward the development of a strong agency brand name and image.
- Regularly schedules planning sessions with managers from all JTA divisions to address marketing and brand-related issues, while cultivating a positive working relationship with internal customers.
Supervisory & Operational Authority:
- This position has 1 direct report(s).
- Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
- Responsible for reviewing and complying with all JTA policies, procedures and directives.
- Responsible for ensuring all direct reports have taken all mandatory training.
Required/ Preferred Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management, Communications or closely related field and a minimum of five years operational/organizational management experience and/or marketing, branding or advertising agency experience. An advanced degree is preferred with prior transit related experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possess JTA’s 12 Leadership Characteristics: Good Communicator, Change Agent, Critical Thinker, High Energy, Accountable, Engaged, Team Player, Inspirational, Customer Focused, Courageous, Innovative and Strategic Thinker
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with sensitivity, passion and a focus on unity and equity.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Strong initiative, integrity and good judgment.
- Strong organizational, analytic and strategic-thinking skills with demonstrated ability to create, implement and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into goals and concrete methods and strategies.
- Highly motivated, well organized, detail-oriented, creative and innovative.
- Must possess good time-management skills and be able to multi-task.
- A career track record that shows stability with an organization and the capacity to develop and nurture relationships that culminate into overall success.
- A track record in budget management, stewardship and developing proven strategies to build multi-faceted marketing communications and development programs.
- Ability to lead or directly conduct market research, analyze results effectively, prioritize and influence stakeholders and understand the target market and its dynamics.
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours and travel when required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and graphic design and print software tools.
- Skilled in negotiating as applied to resolution of work load issues.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent listening skills using patience and empathy.
- High emotional intelligence with the skilled conflicts resolution capabilities.
- Sit and or stand for prolonged periods.
- Perform repetitive motion.
The Jacksonville Transportation Authority is a public transit service provider governed by requirements of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
Due to the nature of some work performed at the JTA/JTM some jobs are classified as ‘Safety Sensitive’ and are subject to random testing for drug and alcohol use. All offers for employment are required to undergo pre-employment and possible random drug testing. If test shows a positive result your application for employment will be rejected, or if hired, employment may be terminated.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
To apply for this vacancy you must create a user account and profile — then apply for the specified job opening. Applications are considered for 90 days. The Jacksonville Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer — M/F/D/V.
Preference in appointment is available to eligible veterans, disabled veterans and spouses of disabled veterans. Applicants claiming preference must attach the following applicable forms with their resume at the time application in order to receive the preference.
• DD-214 (Member Form-4 copy)
• FDVA Veterans Preference Certification Form VP-1
• FDVA Certificate of Current Member of Reserve Form VP-2
• FDVA Certification of Unremarried Widow or Widower Form VP-3
It is the responsibility of the applicant to disclose true and accurate information on their account profile and/or resume. Falsification of this information may lead to your disqualification from vacancy consideration and/or termination of employment.