$83,000 – $94,000 DOE
Mobility Integration Director Position Opening
Do you want to be a part of a great transit development team in a vibrant, growing community? Do you value collaboration, creativity, sustainability, and public service? Do you want to use your passion for urban planning and strategic planning to help shape transportation?
Valley Regional Transit seeks an enthusiastic integrated mobility leader for the Mobility Integration Director position. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Mobility Integration Director (MID) is responsible for the strategic development, implementation, and administration of various mobility and Transportation Demand Management programs (i.e. City Go, Safe Routes, and Navigation). The MID will develop strategic plans and oversee staff that make multi-modal travel easier including fare integration, integration of real-time information for transit and other shared mobility options. These tasks will require the MID to collaborate with other transportation agency and city partners. The MID will also address diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging concerns, in our provision of service and throughout the organization, advising VRT leadership on best practices.
The ideal candidate is:
• An inspiring leader with experience developing strategic plans and leading a team to implement and execute department goals.
• An excellent communicator, with the ability to engage and educate stakeholders, community members, and team members on mobility initiatives.
• A creative problem solver, with the ability to collaborate.
• Experienced in mobility integration technology, budgeting, and project management.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging as it relates to mobility and sustainable public transportation.
• Develop and facilitate strategic planning for customer facing programs ensuring alignment with VRT vision, mission, and plans
• Lead strategic work group responsible to refine, coordinate and implement mobility integration tactics and activities
• Guide and support customer facing technology systems through multi-agency partner collaboration
• Leads mobility integration team and advises VRT leadership team in mobility integration strategy, tactics, emerging issues and, untapped opportunities
• Lead diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB) planning and practices to ensure all populations needs are considered and advise on systemic barriers to access
• Represent VRT on a variety of internal and external committees and work group
• Facilitate the City Go Steering Committee and guide growth to achieve a more regional reach
• Supervise mobility integration team (Navigation, Safe Route, and City Go)
• Pools and coordinates existing resources, services and providers to build mobility solutions that are operationally feasible
• Monitors travel and parking demand data to adapt strategic and operational tactics with changing conditions and trends
• Attends related transportation/parking meetings
• Coordinates program supports with transportation agencies
• Oversees strategies to engaging residential, employers, and businesses
• Develops and presents technical information to a variety of public and private sector groups and policymakers
• Facilitates and guides special projects
• Maintains working knowledge of local, state and federal funding sources and regulatory requirements pertaining to those sources
• Assesses customer satisfaction of stakeholders and partners and addresses issues
• Maintains a professional and courteous demeanor at all times
• Provides timely, respectful and thorough customer service to internal and external customers
• Other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree preferred and/or Bachelor’s degree in community/transportation planning or equivalent related work experience
• Five (5) years of experience managing complex projects
• Three (3) years of supervisory experience
• Understanding of planning, budgeting, project management/scheduling
• Understanding of transit planning principles and practices
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and to change priorities accordingly
• Ability to respectfully work with a diverse range of people
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
• Ability to communicate complicated technical information in simple and easy to understand terms
• Working knowledge of general technology applications, social media platforms, mobile applications
• Working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local rules and regulations as they apply to mobility and transportation demand management services
• Innovative, detail-oriented, experienced in highly visible/controversial projects
• Capable of managing multiple, high-priority assignments effectively and meet firm deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships with staff, officials, and stakeholders
• Reading comprehension to understand technical and legal materials
• Ability to work on several projects and issues simultaneously
• Ability to provide effective supervision and staff management
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage and conduct in-person and virtual public participation
• Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle
To Apply: Submit Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Valley Regional Transit is an equal opportunity employer.
• Starting salary range: $83,000 – $94,000 with consideration given for experience.
Location: Meridian, Idaho, with flexible/hybrid remote work options
Excellent benefits package includes:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Holiday pay, sick, and vacation leave
• State retirement plan (PERSI): pension and optional 401(k) (see https://www.persi.idaho.gov/ for more information!)
• Full-time, exempt