Unique Opportunity to Transform Rail in Virginia!
Apply for Job: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/250297
The Virginia Passenger Rail Authority (VPRA), is a political subdivision established by Chapter 1230 of the 2020 Acts of Assembly. VPRA is responsible for promoting, sustaining, and expanding the availability of passenger and commuter rail service in the Commonwealth including all administrative and fiduciary responsibilities for Virginia’s state-supported passenger rail services. The VPRA also provides funding to Virginia Railway Express (VRE) and administers all capital expansion projects, infrastructure, and land acquisitions related to the multi-billion dollar Transforming Rail in Virginia initiative, which will double Amtrak and increase VRE service in Virginia over the next decade.
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join VPRA. We currently seek to hire two Planning Managers.
Working in either Alexandria or Richmond, Virginia, the Planning Manager positions are responsible for assisting with planning, studies and related-duties for VPRA-led passenger rail expansion and enhancement initiatives in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Project related work could include planning activities in the District of Columbia, Northern Virginia, Richmond or New River Valley regions. Duties include:
· Leads the NEPA & Section 106 including mitigation tracking and implementation, public outreach, and required NEPA actions.
· Point-person for agreement documents and permits with project stakeholders including right of way acquisition and real estate interests.
· Manages funding Agreements, all related federal, regional, state, and local grant processes and related VPRA-led contracts.
· Partners with the Engineering Team and consultants to support planning analysis and activities related to engineering design activities for large rail projects being implemented by VPRA, rail partners, and adjacent projects.
· 5 years experience in capital project management or planning
· Four year degree in transportation planning or closely related field.
· 4 years experience with researching, preparing, and presenting reports to regional bodies, senior officials and managers, and/or various committees, boards, and commissions.
· 2 years experience working on aspects of right-of-way acquisition
· Two years experience leading a NEPA project classified as a Major EIS or EA that led to a FEIS/ROD and/or FONSI and a Section 106 MOA or PA.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The compensation package for this position includes benefits equivalent to state employees of the Commonwealth including health/dental insurance and participation in the Virginia Retirement System.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, visit https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/250297. Applications will only be accepted as submitted online through the Recruitment Management System (RMS). Applications submitted via email, postal mail, fax, or in person will not be considered.