WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Program Manager reports directly to the Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. This position is responsible for assisting with the designing, implementation, and evaluation of programs and initiatives that promote Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion across the agency and the community. Demonstrated track record of managing DEI and Workforce Development programs with proven results.
Assist with the development and of the implementation of professional diversity programs and initiatives within CapMetro. As a Program Manager, you help ensure that CapMetro’s initiatives and the agency culture emphasize DEI and promote its presence in the workplace.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Note: The duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- Lead teams and/or projects in a fast-paced organization with numerous stakeholders spread across the service routes and various seniority levels. This role will influence the business throughout.
- Responsible for activating teams and implementing action plans for D&I initiatives including the ERG program in support of the DEI Strategy to increase diverse representation and drive an inclusive culture within the agency.
- Works closely with key departments across the organization as well as other stakeholders (i.e., Community Engagement, HR, Marketing, Communications, etc.) on DEI initiatives.
- Lead and manage the DEI Sponsorships and events.
- Responsible for representing CapMetro Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at various outreach events.
- Responsible for the results of the ERG program and the impact they have on the business. This work will include managing the DEI budget allocated to the program. This role will ultimately build a culture of inclusion and equity.
- Responsible for the Management of the DEI Community Advisory Group & DEI Internal Steering Committee
- Responsible for the oversight and development of the DEI Website Management.
- Annual Report and Semi-Annual Reports
- Dashboard Development
- Support the DEI team by providing input into quantifying organizational challenges, prioritizing action in areas that will deliver greatest impact. Design and implement methods which increase engagement and active participation in DEI.
- Cross functional responsibilities with the Supplier Diversity & Civil Rights Compliance Manager up to and including FTA required efforts.
- Management of overall budget responsibilities.
- Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by ensuring staff follows safety and security policies, considers safety in every action, and ensures safety and security concerns are reported.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations, or related field. Related experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible combined experience in public transportation, Diversity & Inclusion or Human Resources. Other related experience may be substituted.
- Successful candidates will have experience leading teams and/or projects in a fast-paced organization with numerous stakeholders spread across the service routes and various seniority levels.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing Employee Resource Groups preferred.
- Program/Project management leadership preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The Program Manager will need to be highly flexible, collaborative, and able to influence without authority while also being able to work with significant autonomy.
- Authentic passionate DEI advocate capable of leading through transformative change. High degree of cultural humility and justice-minded approach for the needs of underrepresented employees, historically excluded groups, and their aspiring allies.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements Proven track record of successfully delivering cross functional projects.
- Experience in program and/or project management as well as managing teams.
- Comfortable with a high volume of requests and ability to prioritize, focusing in on meeting the most important/urgent needs.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders across a global organization Comfortable working with elements of ambiguity and with a sense of humor Experience driving meaningful action, be data- and detail-oriented, and have excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Familiar with employment regulations and human resources standards of practice.
- Must be organized and dedicated to researching and implementing inclusive programs to accelerate our DEI initiatives including but not limited to employee resource groups).
- Skill in using PC word-processing, spreadsheet, and database management software application.
This position is designated as a “circulating” position. Employees in circulating positions are expected to come into the office daily for a check-in and check-out process but do not work in an individual workspace. Employees in circulating positions are assigned “gathering” space. CapMetro is in the early stages of mobility planning and the mobility status of this position could be subject to change.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE