Unique Opportunity to Transform Rail in Virginia!
The Virginia Passenger Rail Authority (VPRA) is responsible for promoting, sustaining, and expanding the availability of passenger and commuter rail service in the Commonwealth. The VPRA also provides funding to Virginia Railway Express (VRE) and administers all capital expansion projects, infrastructure, and land acquisitions related to the $3.7 billion Transforming Rail in Virginia initiative, which will double Amtrak and VRE service in Virginia over the next decade.
VPRA is looking for amazing people! Come join us as the Program Oversight Manager.
Reporting to the Deputy Program Manager, the Program Oversight Manager will have overall responsibility for updating and maintaining the VPRA Program Management Plan (PMP) including monitoring VPRA compliance with program agreement requirements such as the CSX Comprehensive Agreement, the Amtrak Funding Agreement and Annual Milestone Plan, and the VRE Funding Agreement as described in the PMP. The role is also responsible for ensuring all external reporting requirements as outlined in the PMP are met.
The Program Oversight Manager will be responsible for preparing routine and ad-hoc program-level reports, presentations and white papers in a timely and professional manner, as needed.
The Program Oversight Manager will coordinate with colleagues across the VPRA organization to conduct oversight of project delivery activities to ensure established policies and procedures are being followed.
The position will be based in either Richmond or Alexandria, Virginia.
- 7 years of experience in program oversight management on large scale project of $50 million or greater.
- Four-year degree in planning, business, engineering, construction management, public administration or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Familiarity with project development plans and program development plans
- Experience conducting oversight of large transportation projects
- Ability to understand and comply with USDOT Federal reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of grants management processes
Salary is commensurate with experience. The compensation package for this position includes benefits equivalent to state employees of the Commonwealth including health/dental insurance and participation in the Virginia Retirement System.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, visit https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/238949. Applications will only be accepted as submitted online through the Recruitment Management System (RMS). Applications submitted via email, postal mail, fax, or in person will not be considered.