The Safety Manager is a full-time safety position whose sole responsibility is to supervise and perform complex professional and administrative work that assures the proper safety training and safe execution of work, management of equipment, and protection of property in a safety-sensitive transit operating environment. Takes the lead with all stakeholders in developing and implementing safety plans, identification of safety risks, oversight of safety plans, execution of safety practices, and reporting of all actions, remediations, and events relative to ensuring a safe work environment. The job requires full-time presence in the Washington, DC area and flexible work hours.
Devotes full-time to work-site safety in implementing, enforcing, and maintaining the safety program for all persons engaged in the project.
- Acquires specific expertise in safety procedures demanded by the project under management, including project-specific contractual, technical, and site-specific requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, procedures and standards.
- Establishes a pervasive safety culture that places emphasis on risk mitigation and accident prevention.
- Develops a construction safety plan, and oversees the safe execution of all site work, including creation of site-specific work plans, safety evaluations, and safety reports in compliance with project-specific contractual requirements.
- Investigates and reports on incidents, accidents, and project-related injuries, including the filing of required reports, root-cause analyses, safety assessments, follow-up on remedial actions including training, identification of preventive measures and risk mitigation strategies, and revisions to safety procedures.
- Works collaboratively with project team and stakeholders to ensure understanding of safety requirements, procedures, and full and satisfactory compliance with project requirements according to plan.
- Ensures that all reporting and risk-management tools, including root-cause assessments, are current and accurate, and that all project-related record keeping and reporting requirements are met.
- Prepares required and as-needed, ad hoc reports that assist team members, management, and stakeholders in adhering to safety requirements.
- Leads in developing and submitting safety audits, inspections, and testing.
- Ensures that project team members execute and adhere to safety standards, and that all methods of performing work do not involve danger to personnel working at the site.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
A degree in Engineering with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in heavy industry construction safety practices and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in rapid transit construction in operating conditions in a supervisory/managerial role.
Completion of OSHA Safety Training and First Aid/CPR/Blood Borne Pathogens Training.
Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
- A thorough knowledge of all OSHA regulations.
- Familiarity with industrial hygiene and equipment testing as required for protection of personnel and the public.
- Ability to develop and conduct safety training courses.
- Specialized training and experience in construction safety supervision.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all applicable safety laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply project-specific safety procedures, rules, and regulations as they relate to fulfilling specific contractual and technical requirements of the project.
- Ability to interpret and explain safety rule and regulations to others, and assist team members in their application to site- specific project requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word and Excel.
- Possesses excellent communication skills (written and oral), experience with timely and accurate preparation of reports, with conducting oral presentations that relate technical material.
- Excellent decision-making and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize.
- Able to work flexible hours as demanded by project priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Possesses leadership abilities.
STraffic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Where permitted by law and required under regulations governing the job assignment, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test, background check, and other requirements after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Please apply via email to:
Mr. Brian Hong
STraffic America, LLC
1593 Spring Hill Road, Suite 125
Vienna, VA 22182