INIT Innovations in Transportation, Inc. is expanding operations and looking for a Proposal Manager to join our sales team. We are an established industry-leading provider of advanced IT management systems for public transit. We were ranked as the #1 small company in Inside Business’ list of Best Places to Work for 2 years running and are now members of their “hall of fame.”
The Proposal Manager position is responsible to provide both technical and price proposals for our sales opportunities. In this important role it is fundamental to have superior organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to clearly communicate on a professional level. A passion for calculations and pricing is a plus.
- Manage proposal process for assigned proposals, including price calculations, technical submissions, proposal compliance, best and final offers, clarifications questions, etc.
- Define and manage the proposal schedule
- Write proposal material and take advantage of existing boilerplate information
- Lead kickoff, status and proposal review meetings.
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal contributors, subject matter experts and subcontractors
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management
- Continuously improve the proposal process and materials
- Detail oriented and organized
- Collaborate effectively with multi-department teams
- Technical background with an aptitude to learn new technologies
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Occasional travel to customer locations in North America and to company headquarters in Germany
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline
- 2-5 years of sales / business expertise
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products – particularly Excel and Word
- Familiarity with public agencies and the RFP selling cycle is a plus
- Knowledge of the public transit industry is ideal
INIT offers challenging tasks and responsibilities in a successful team with a pleasant working atmosphere and the opportunity for personal and professional growth. We offer a generous vacation package, 401K, medical, dental, disability and life insurance.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page on our website at www.initusa.com.
INIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer