Santa Cruz METRO is currently recruiting for a Purchasing Manager
$86,174.40 – $109,990.40 annually. This is a salaried, exempt position. Salaries are on a six-step salary range schedule with 5% increases yearly.
Join our team! Santa Cruz METRO provides excellent benefits for employees and eligible dependents including medical, dental, vision and CalPERS Retirement benefits.
Under general direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Purchasing Manager plans, organizes, directs, develops, and coordinates the activities of the Purchasing department, including contracting and purchasing; ensures compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations; performs complex procurement activities; performs other duties as assigned.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Plans, organizes, directs, develops, and coordinates the activities of the Purchasing Department, including contracting and purchasing;
· Directs, manages, coordinates and administers the formal bid and procurement process including development of invitations for IFBs, RFPs and RFQs;
· Reviews and approves contracts and purchase orders; maintains contact and negotiates with vendors; keeps informed of market conditions and new products; evaluates vendor performance;
· Ensures compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations while performing complex procurement activities.
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Business, Finance, Public Administration, Math, or a closely related field, as well as completion of the NTI/FTA Procurement Training series, or the ability to complete the series within 12 months of hire;
· Four (4) years professional experience in public or private sector procurement, including two (2) years supervisory experience, preferably in a public agency. Familiarity with transit agency and/or experience in a large public organization preferred.
· All new Santa Cruz METRO employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
· A valid Class C State driver license is required at the time of appointment and must be maintained throughout employment.
· Desired certifications include: Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO)
For a complete job description and to apply, please go to our website: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scmtd. Questions? Call 831-420-2542
All Santa Cruz METRO employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment