Join the team at Champion City (Brockton Area Transit) and play an important role in helping to revitalize our local economy and improve customer’s lives by joining a cuttingedge transit agency. Brockton Area Transit provides millions of trips a year throughout the metro area and builds real connections to provide the most convenient, safe, and dependable service possible. In this role, you will support Champion City’s commitment to sustaining a high-performance, low-turnover, well-trained workforce. In addition to developing strong community relationships and attracting the best talent, you will be instrumental overseeing a rigorous and rewarding training program designed to invest in our employees.
Champion City is a dynamic and diverse organization that values employee input and promotes equity both internally and within its host communities
Plan, direct, coordinate and remain compliant with policies and procedures including but not limited to; EEOC and Affirmative Action Plans, Title VI, Human Resource Policies, training and recruitment for the organization. Research and implement best practices that will continuously improve the organization.
1) Work with organization leadership to prepare for return-to-work Post Covid 19 environment.
2) Vehicle Operator licensing compliance and oversight.
3) Research, identify and establish business relationships with recruiting sources and the local community.
4) Attend job fairs, campus events, contacts outplacement agencies, recruiting and attend recruiting and outsourcing events. Identifies future talent needs by proactively recruiting and sourcing. Develops talent pipelines.
5) Oversees diversity hiring, building an inclusive workplace and making sure the organization complies with employee fair hiring practices and labor laws. Ensures recruiting and hiring practices comply with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Programs, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and other government compliance requirements.
6) Foster relationships with candidates to ensure a positive candidate experience.
7) Work with the organization’s leadership to develop recruitment and retainment strategies that meet the organization’s needs.
8) Outreach and develop relationships with technical schools and institutions of higher learning for the purpose of developing internship/COOP opportunities.
9) Identify appropriate training offerings that could benefit the entire organization.
10) Work closely with the Safety Manager to process background checks, drug screens, necessary licensure credentials in compliance with company, state and federal guidelines.
11) Work closely with the Safety Manager as it relates to all aspects of licensing and technical training.
12) Coordination and maintenance of required documentation for system wide trainings.
13) Coordinate with the Safety Manager to ensure files are kept within company, state and federal guidelines.
14) Work closely with the Safety Manager and Operating entities to ensure that a positive and effective environment exists to maintain and advance improvements in the area of safety and positive customer interactions.
15) Conduct interviews and on- board new employees while ensuring company hiring standards are met and in compliance with state and federal guidelines. Assist with forecasting staffing level needs for the transit system.
16) In partnership with organizational leaders, receives and responds to inquiries concerning employee policies and procedures.
17) Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures. Assist in maintaining compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines.
18) Advise and complete other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Describe level of decision making and list examples of common decisions made:
Ability to work independently, set priorities, complete tasks and develop goals. Ability to follow general direction, institute necessary work processes to ensure applicable policies and procedures are met and followed in a consistent manner. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality. Prioritize and complete tasks on schedule.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
Bachelor’s degree with Discipline related to the Task Description. PHR certification a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Minimum 2-4 years human resource or training experience a plus.
• Must be able to work with minimal instruction, but willing to accept and take direction.
• Prior experience with the use of modern business applications and skills. (Knowledge of internet applications, networks and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel).
• Ability to recommend appropriate course of action with employee concerns, set priorities, and measure progress.
• Minimum 5 years professional experience demonstrating capabilities as outlined in the task description.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete tasks as required.
• Ability to use diplomacy and tact in dealing with peers, co-workers, employee candidates and the public.
• Desire to provide excellent customer service is a must.
• Experience using social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to drive networking and candidate pool development.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Time management skills with the ability to manage and coordinate multiple recruitment activities simultaneously.
• Ability to listen to employee concerns, and communicate those concerns appropriately.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
Must be able to move about the office; utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person and by telephone. Must have a valid Massachusetts Drivers License and good driving record.
As a condition of employment, applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test, Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) background, Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.