First Transit is excited to announce a new business proposal in Chicago, IL.
We’re looking for the following:
- Operations Manager
- Safety Manager
First Transit Inc. is a leading public transportation contracting and management services, provider. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and broad expertise to public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
If interested, please call me at 909-559-6710 or click the link to schedule a time for a quick call to discuss: Bookings – Eley-Watson, Rhonda – Outlook (office.com).
If interested, please call me at 909-559-6710 or click on the link for more details.
• Assumes first-line supervision of location employees. Ensures company policies and procedures are followed.
• Assists the General Manager in the day-to-day operational oversight of location operations, including Safety, Human Resources, and Finance
• Ensures drivers are mentally and physically prepared for their day.
• Coordinates the dispatching, in-service monitoring, and turn-in activities involved in daily transit operations.
• Have direct involvement in hiring, developing, and disciplining drivers and staff.
• Focus on safety, accidents, and customer complaint resolution.
• Completes necessary daily and/or weekly reports for company and customer
• Tracks and maintains employee attendance system and processes driver and operations staff vacation requests. Maintains/orders necessary driver and staff uniforms.
• Monitors and evaluates Operations activities. Includes: vehicle on-time statistics, missed runs, customer complaint data, accident data, road call data, and other operations-related functions
• Administers driver hiring and compliance process (e.g., interviewing and driver selection; collecting applications; criminal background checks; credit reports; drug/alcohol testing; fingerprint checks; DOT physicals; motor vehicle records checks; I-9 forms).
• Provides direction and guidance to location trainers. Develops and monitors contents of classroom training to ensure compliance. Teaches classes as required. Schedules and conducts re-cert and retraining.
• Investigates incidents, accidents, and work-related injuries, including accident investigation, accident reports, accident files, accident register, and follow up with the claims office and adjusters as necessary. Typically determines fault or preventability based on the facts identified at the scene. Provides post-accident counseling with drivers. Retrains drivers as necessary.
• Prepares and submits accident-related compliance forms, maintains files, enters in DMO, or otherwise submits data to the appropriate person or organization.
• Plans, schedules, and conducts monthly safety meetings based on region and company safety and safety training goals and objectives. Assists and participates in Safety Action Team meetings. Set up regular accident review committees to determine the preventability of accidents. Responds to appeals from drivers.
• Provides assistance and training to drivers and attendants on passenger management and other safety-related issues.
• Performs driver road checks of driver performance (e.g., pre-trip checks-lot-to-school and back; post-trip checks).
• Provides various reports and analyses, including safety trends. Develops cost-saving recommendations. Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of all applicable federal and state laws and regulations of FTA DOT ADA regulations pertaining to paratransit service and other federal and state laws and regulations
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, the functions and capabilities of Trapeze, all specialized software used in their respective area(s) of responsibility, and the telephone and mobile communications systems needed for operations
• Knowledge of the geography and street network of the DuPage and Kane County service area, including the locations and characteristics of major trip generators and transfer points.
Operations Manager additional:
• Experience overseeing schedulers, dispatchers, and drivers
• Excellent organization and planning skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively; and
• Proficiency in Trapeze.
• Minimum five years of recent experience managing paratransit safety/training programs or similar position
• Knowledge of safety programs, policies, and practices
• Ability to develop and implement a safety and training program
• Possess a valid, unexpired CDL with passenger endorsement
• Driving experience in revenue services preferred.