INIT is looking for a Sales Engineer to join our team. Do you have a technical aptitude with strong communication skills? Are you a problem-solver who likes innovating solutions? A Sales Engineer’s primary responsibility is to architect solutions by analyzing and understanding our customer’s needs and then working with internal subject matter experts.
INIT solutions are helping to make the world a better place by providing user-friendly, green, and efficient transportation. We are an established industry-leader of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) systems for public transit. INIT’s North American headquarters is in Chesapeake, Virginia and has been ranked as the #1 small company in Inside Business’ list of Best Places to Work for 4 years running and are now members of their “hall of fame”. To learn more, please visit our website at www.initusa.com.
Ideally, the successful candidate will work in our Chesapeake, VA office. However, we would be open to a remote working arrangement for candidates with significant public transit experience and a proven track record of working from home. Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Collaborate with the team to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
- Confer with subject matter experts, engineers, and subcontractors to determine the best solution.
- Intensively work with the proposal team on high quality technical proposal responses.
- Provide technical proposal write-ups.
- Preparing and delivering technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Recommend solutions to customers, showing how changes will lower costs or increase productivity.
- Researching and developing new products.
- Pre-sale and post-sales technical support.
- Frequent travel to customer locations in North America and to company headquarters in Germany.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Communication and teamwork are critical.
- Ability to analyze and assess Customer needs.
- IT, application support or other technical experience.
- Documentation writing and presentation preparation.
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline.
- 2-5 years of experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite.
- Familiarity with public agencies and the RFP selling cycle is a plus.
- Knowledge of the public transit industry is ideal.
Come join a successful team with a pleasant working atmosphere and the opportunity for personal and professional growth within an open, collaborative, international culture. We offer Medical, Dental, Disability, Life insurance, generous Vacation and Sick leave, Community Service Day, Holidays, 401K and Employer matching.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page on our website at www.initusa.com.
INIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer