Department: Office of Customer Experience and Strategy
Reports To: Chief Customer Experience Officer
The Senior Director of CX Innovation reports to the Chief Customer Experience Officer. The incumbent of the position is responsible for implementation of innovative strategies and solutions that enhance the customer experience. Oversees key inter-departmental customer experience initiatives, working with senior leadership to define and frame the work, determine success indicators, facilitate meetings and communication, track budgets and milestones, and produce updates and summaries for executive audiences. Serves as a liaison to regional government and community stakeholders regarding customer-facing information and technology initiatives. Monitors industry trends relevant to customer-facing technology and provides expertise and guidance to executive management on customer experience best practices. Works with internal technology, research and communications teams to position and promote MARTA as a leader in customer-focused innovation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for oversight and implementation of key strategic planning and coordination initiatives led by MARTA’s Customer Experience department, including those relating to automated fare collection, rider information services, and innovative transit service delivery.
2. Serves as a resource to internal projects and initiatives across the Authority that relate to customer experience, providing expertise and guidance around emerging trends and practices.
3. Develops and maintains strategic relationships with local, regional, state, and federal government partners, including MARTA’s member jurisdictions, and regional transit operators Supports inter-agency coordination of rider information services, fare technology integration, data sharing and related initiatives.
4. Supports communication and outreach around customer-facing technology and innovation to external stakeholders, including rider advocacy groups, educational institutions, transportation technology companies, and the software/app developer community.
5. Works with MARTA’s departments of Bus and Rail Operations, Technology, Research and Analysis, Planning, Marketing and other relevant stakeholders to develop and support an Authority-wide innovation initiative, including specialized branding and communication activities.
6. Monitors national and international trends in transit technology and other topics relevant to the office’s mission. Participates in industry coordination and knowledge-sharing efforts, including conferences and peer exchanges, as appropriate.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Incumbent may manage direct reports and multiple project managers in a matrix environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, city/urban planning, engineering or a closely related field of study. A minimum of 8 years of experience in the development, implementation, or improvement of customer-facing technology along with the coordination of tasks with internal and external stakeholders. Must be able to gather business requirements, identify and recommend new customer-facing technology solutions. Must be able to prepare status reports, create communications content regarding active projects, write technical specs, write and to modify existing software programs/code to meet changing needs and review proposed software applications for customer-facing technology. Transit industry and project management experience required.
Please apply on-line at www.itsmarta.com and/or email your resume to Jim Stephanopoulos. firstname.lastname@example.org