Trinity Metro has an immediate opening for Senior Scheduler. The incumbent will prepare and adjust routes, schedules, and operators’ work assignments. The incumbent in this class performs under the general supervision of the Sr. Director of Planning. The incumbent develops, writes, and revises bus schedules; assists in planning and developing bus routes; performs run cuts; develops operator sign-ups, conducts public hearings and keeps track of operator manifests that show route details and calculates miles, hours and cost of service.
This position’s responsibilities include:
- Prepares and adjusts fixed-route schedules.
- Participates in team review of ridership and runtime data.
- Develops passenger surveys to track ridership patterns and the needs of the public.
- Prepares paperwork for operator sign-up for route selection and assists with operator sign-up.
- Conducts field analysis as needed which involves designing and conducting running time checks; monitoring bus schedules by observation, riding bus or driving route; and conducting on-time performance analysis.
- Maintains computerized scheduling files and runs computer programs associated with operator signup.
- Performs field research to make recommendations on routes and changes.
- Participates in community activities to promote transit on off duty hours.
- Develops equipment/manpower requirements of proposed schedules.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
High School graduate or G.E.D. Associate’s degree with course work or training in computers is preferred.
Three (3) years of scheduling experience in the public transit industry.
Apply online at: www.ridetrinitymetro.org/careers