CLOSING DATE/TIME: Thurs. 02/25/21 11:59 PM Eastern Time
LOCATION: 1201 E 7th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605
SALARY RANGE: $155,829.19 – $197,252.14
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) develops, manages, supports and guides the fiscal sustainability and strategy efforts of the organization, working collaboratively across all departments to ensure that organizational priorities are funded and that resources are being spent according to plan. The CFO will have an opportunity to build the capacity of the Finance team to effectively manage the finances to deliver initiatives and projects that will have lasting impact on the region’s mobility and economic impact.
Essential Job Functions:
* The CFO reports directly to the CEO, acting as a key partner to the CEO and the executive team in the development and execution of HART’s strategic and financial plans.
* The CFO will provide the CEO timely financial strategy advice based on changes in the financial environment in sufficient time to implement effective tactics and strategies to ensure sound fiscal management.
* The CFO will plan, develop, and oversee the implementation of long, and short-range strategies and programs in support of the systems goals, objectives, and strategic plans.
* The CFO will have exposure to, and knowledge of, bond/capital markets. CFO shall evaluate financing mechanisms to ensure the financial needs/goals of the organization are achieved.
* The CFO will establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
* With direct oversight over accounting, budget, grants, procurement, and treasury, the CFO will have primary responsibility for all financial activities and be tasked with building the core financial practices to meet the needs of HART’s operations.
* As an experienced leader and forward-thinker, the CFO possesses the ability to integrate the finance function effectively into HART’s operations, maintaining the strong financial infrastructure required to support significant growth.
* The CFO will have overall responsibility over financial performance through the creation of key performance metrics that provide a forward-looking view into trends requiring management decisions and actions and develop a long-range (20 year) financial plan.
* The CFO will ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for federal, state and local funders, grants and contracts.
* The CFO will clearly and articulately convey financial performance, budgets, and other key financial information through reports and presentations to the CEO, executive team, Board, and other key stakeholders as necessary.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
* At least ten (10) years of finance experience, ideally in a leadership role within a government, nonprofit, or similarly structured entity, and covering areas such as accounting, budget, grants administration, procurement, and treasury.
* A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience at a management level supervising multiple area of staff.
* Candidate must have transit experience.
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Public administration and management principles, practices and procedures.
* Government budget preparation and monitoring procedures.
* Auditing methods and procedures.
* Rules, regulations, procedures and functions of the Authority.
* Bargaining unit contracts and procurement regulations.
* Payroll processes, fare management and cash collection controls.
* ISO 14001 standards, policies and procedures.
* Project management theory and application.
* All current and applicable state and federal budget and reporting requirements, including familiarity with federal grant administration.
* Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Ability to work under stress.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work in a timely fashion on multiple concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
* Ability to accurately memorize and retain details.
* Ability to interact positively with a variety of personalities internally and externally.
* Strong analytical and reasoning skills, and attention to detail.
* Ability to meet attendance and punctuality requirements.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
* Ability to prepare and edit clear and concise written reports, policies/procedures and production publications.
* Ability to be a flexible, effective team player.
* Standard office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Demonstrated experience and leadership over finance and accounting functions with specific responsibility for driving the organization’s fiscal performance.
* The ability to steer the organization through increasing operational complexity, as well as ensure that HART has a robust and scalable financial platform.
* Highly collaborative style; ability to lead, motivate, and build an efficient team.
* Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
* Work is performed in a standard office environment.
* Ability to hear, see, speak, and perceive color, depth and texture.
* Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds.
* May be exposed to potentially intimidating and/or unreceptive members of the public; may occasionally be exposed to dangerous machinery, extreme weather conditions, extreme noise and physical harm.