Austin, TX, United States
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Technology Project Manager III reports directly to the Manager of Project Management Office but may perform tasks under the general direction of the Technology Program Project Manager III on larger projects. This position is responsible for managing all project lifecycle phases to plan, coordinate, and implement systems, applications and technologies for large, very complex, strategic projects which include multiple integrations to other systems. Leads projects from original concept through final closeout. Communicates with agency executives and may communicate with Board of Directors regarding project status. This position will analyze and evaluate existing and proposed systems, perform business process reviews and all other functions related to the implementation of technology projects. Lead the efforts of project teams made up of internal and external technical and non-technical staff to successful project completion. This role is also responsible in providing customer focused service and building positive and constructive relationships with stakeholders and customers, by understanding their needs, problems, and providing timely communication service.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Note: The duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- Provide customer focused service. Build positive and constructive relationships with business areas, customers, understand their needs, problems and provide timely communication and service.
- Perform research and needs assessments for technology projects.
- Develop and manage project implementation plans, requirements definition, scope development resource allocation, risk analysis, quality assurance, schedules and budgets.
- Oversee vendors, contractor and Capital Metro business and technical teams to ensure that solutions stay within scope, cost and schedule, and risks are managed.
- Manage the efforts of cross functional project team members in a matrix management environment, to include task scheduling and monitoring.
- Lead conflict resolution among project team members to include vendors, technical staff, and business area staff.
- Prepare business cases, cost benefit analysis and other documents necessary for project initiation.
- Prepare scopes of work, independent cost estimates, and other documents necessary to the project procurement process; coordinate with the business units and procurement staff to ensure timely and cost-efficient completion of vendor selection and contract execution.
- Develop and manage, modify, update, monitor and report monthly status of project budgets; oversee project invoice payment process and coordinate with vendor to document deliverables, review monthly expenditure reports and coordinate with finance staff to reconcile discrepancies; develop cost projections.
- Provide leadership in proactively setting up and managing systems in excellent working condition through implementation and monitoring of alerts, regular maintenance activities, performance tuning, software updates and patches. Provide leadership in working with internal IT teams and technology vendors to ensure all systems are available and secure on a 24 by 7 basis.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Additional related experience may substitute for degree on a year for year basis up to four years.
- Five (5) years’ experience managing technology projects; including three (3) years managing technical and functional teams.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute preferred.
- Experience with direct end-user support in a customer service role. Demonstrated dedication to customer service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organization abilities, analytical skills and communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Be self-motivated and seek opportunities for continuous improvement of IT skills and processes.
- Be a catalyst and a willing participant of organizational changes.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a matrix organization, partnering well with employees, management, users, business areas, vendors, contractors and undertake duties and tasks as assigned without close supervision.
- Ability to be a positive and constructive contributor in a team based environment.
- Knowledge of Information System Implementation Lifecycle desired.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and diverse groups of people and activities simultaneously
- Knowledge of the Project Management Institute PMBOK for standard project management methodologies and processes.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage several diverse projects simultaneously
- Ability to identify critical risk factors that may impact the project
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Project to develop a project schedule, assign resources to tasks, track progress, and analyze workloads.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Cap Metro is Austin’s regional public transportation provider. We’ve been around since 1985 and work every day to give residents, commuters, and visitors the best possible transit options available to match their busy everyday lives.
We’re always on the move, connecting people with jobs, schools, restaurants, shops, festivals, and other great places to hang out. In fact, we have more than 31 million boardings each year.
ABOUT THE TEAM
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
- Utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
- If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.