Hocking Athens Perry Community Action (HAPCAP) is a non-profit organization in the rolling hills of Southeast Ohio. HAPCAP’s Transportation Division has an immediate opening of Transit Operations Administrator. This administrator will be joining a close-knit, mission-driven team at HAPCAP. If you are a motivated, insightful, and open-minded leader, we want to hear from you!
The Administrator will be responsible for the oversight of daily operational activities of Athens Public Transit and Athens On Demand Transit including supervising operations staff, oversight of the transit facility, and assuring compliance with Ohio Department of Transportation and the Federal Transit Administration guidelines, regulations, and standards.
The salary for this full time position starts at $44,000 – $52,800 and includes a full fringe benefits package. Applicants should be capable of working individually and as a team, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, think creatively, and enjoy working with others. In addition, applicants should be able to demonstrate the ability to supervise 20+ staff and be adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment. Basic knowledge of common computer programs such as Word, Excel, and other software are essential. A college degree is preferred, but relevant work experience, education, or training may be sufficient. Experience in the field of transportation is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
• Oversight of daily transit operations.
• Supervise assigned staff.
• Responsible for facility oversight.
•Investigate and resolve passenger and public complaints.
• Responsible for all driver training and safety requirements.
• Responsible for transit systems’ drug and alcohol program including pre-employment testing and random testing.
• Monitor security and risk management duties.
• Responsible for maintaining knowledge of and assure compliance with guidelines, regulations, and standards for transportation programs including the Ohio Department of Transportation and the Federal Transit Administration.
• Investigate accidents and incidents including completing all associated reports. Report accidents and incidents to Transportation Director.
• Responsible for accident and incident response. At times, this may be outside of normal business hours and/or on weekends.
• Collaborate with other HAPCAP transportation programs as well as transit systems within the region.
• Prepare and review periodic operational reports as well as internal forms and reports.
• Recommend and assist in planning and implementation of service changes, improvement of operations, safety concerns, and management efficiency.
•Maintain and schedule driver DOT physicals.
• Monthly reports as assigned.
• Attend meetings, conferences, seminars, and trainings as directed by supervisor. This may require out-of-town travel.
• Assume other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
1. Three (3) or more year’s supervisory experience preferred.
2. Three (3) or more years of transit experience preferred.
3. Good organizational & management skills.
4. Must have excellent customer relations skills, be innovative and self-motivated.
5. A college degree is preferred, but relevant work experience, education, or training may be sufficient.
6. Must have a clean criminal background record.
7. Must submit to FTA approved drug/alcohol testing. This is a zero tolerance work site.
8. Excellent written and oral skills and computer literacy required
9. Class B CDL with passenger endorsement preferred.
10. General transportation knowledge and experience with ODOT and FTA preferred.
11. Must have the ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders.