- Lead and direct new transit facility design and construction process as well as facility improvement projects to assure utility of the final product.
- Develop and implement a transit facility electrification program. The electrification of 32 facilities will cost hundreds of millions and take 10 to 15 years t complete. Manage negotiation of statewide electric rates with DEEP for bus charging.
- Develop and implement lease agreements for state owned facilities being operated by transit districts and divisions.
- Develop, implement and oversee building maintenance programs for state-owned transit facilities. Integrate centralized purchasing for transit facilities.
- Coordinate purchase and maintenance of surveillance cameras, fueling system, sprinkler system, bay, doors, etc.
- Assess capital project needs and provide oversight of transit capitol program to determined projects selected for funding.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however applications to this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies in this job classification.
Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your Jobaps portal account.
Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Nasreen Mustafa at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference PN 79296.
Purpose of Job Class (Nature of Work)
In the Department of Transportation, Bureau of Public Transportation, this class is accountable for directing staff responsible for rail and transit operations, facilities, and infrastructure.
Examples of Duties
Manages and directs staff and operations of large scale public transportation programs; coordinates, plans, and manages unit activities; formulates program goals and objectives; develops or assists in development of related policy; interprets and administers pertinent laws and regulations; evaluates staff; prepares division budget; maintains contacts with individuals both within and outside division who might impact on program activities; directs implementation of public transit programs to assure adequate levels of service; directs participation with federal, state, regional, and local officials and agencies as well as general public and special interest groups; directs and reviews public transportation programs to determine consistency with department goals, objectives, policies and programs; performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
Considerable knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations; considerable knowledge of contemporary techniques, concepts and procedures employed in field of public transportation administration; knowledge of and ability to apply management principles and techniques; interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communications skills.
Minimum Qualifications – General Experience
Nine (9) years of experience in planning, engineering or operations phases of a large scale transportation system.
Minimum Qualifications – Special Experience
Two (2) years of the General Experience must have been in a supervisory capacity with responsibility for planning, implementing or coordinating public transportation activities.
- Experience directly managing large scale construction projects;
- Experience reviewing building design plans for operational functionality;
- Experience working with state contracting process of laws and regulations, or other similar complex governmental agencies or similar environment;
- Experience managing maintenance upkeep, and state of good repair of complex operating facilities;
- Experience writing and developing plans and goals;
- Experience with leadership and time management skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.